Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mommies going to school online

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

So, i just got my ged and im looking for colleges that i can go to thinking about siging up at the community college here but also looking for options that are good online that i can stay at home with my 1 year old son also.. any ideas? Not sure what im wanting to go to school for yet will problley decide somewhere down the line but still looking for schools.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Gabeys_Mommy
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:38 PM
You should check into your community college. I go to our technical college and they have a full online program for my degree.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
WesternNYmom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Checkout the websites from community colleges and even state colleges and universities in your area. Many state schools have online programs for 2 and 4 year degrees, and some may also offer  online certification programs for teacher's aids, nursing assistants and other fields. Good luck.

thetrollcat
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:44 PM

yuk

luvhubandbabys
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Until u know go to community college its cheap so u won't waste too much money if it turns out u don't like it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
svolkov
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Only do online college that is offered thru a brick and mortar university. Most colleges have many online classes and degree programs now
svolkov
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Troll cat your old lady is showing ;)

Quoting thetrollcat:

yuk

thetrollcat
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:51 PM

:O

Quoting svolkov:

Troll cat your old lady is showing ;)

Quoting thetrollcat:

yuk

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

VannaMae307
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:54 PM

I do a college online but the VA is paying for it 100% so IDGAF about price. For your situation I would definitely start at the community college, it's relatively inexpensive and you can really get a feel for what you actually want to do. Talk to the school admittance counselor, they have little personality and aptitude tests you can take to help you really decide based on your interests.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)