Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family drives me crazy

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
I am not a fan of my extended family lol. They're very emotional, clingy, touchy-feely and I am not. Dh and I took dd and ds to see them today and they were holding the kids until they started crying. I was in the bathroom and Dh was changing ds when we heard dd start crying so Dh rushed in there and my aunt was holding my 4 year old until she started screaming and crying. What the fuck people. I told them that wasn't appropriate and we don't touch people against their will. My aunt said I was being silly, kids love to be held. I was like, really?? That's why dd is crying. Dd wouldn't leave my side the rest of the visit. Later, I took dd for a walk and Dh stayed behind with ds. Dh went to the kitchen to get 8mo ds his sippy cup and heard ds screaming...I guess my aunt tried to pick him up and he squirmed, so she dropped him on fucking travertine floors. He was fine...it's just annoying. These people won't listen. My kids are affectionate, but we don't see these family members very often so one would think they would have more common sense than that.

We were going to spend the night but ended up leaving today. They won't listen, and my aunt was trying to feed my diabetic dd chocolate cake and give her koolaid. Dd said she didn't want it and my aunt tried to hold and force feed her. Fuck that. Btw, these are three different aunts.

Would you have left early?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Bump
lilwhaley04
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:29 PM
I would have left for sure! Drop my baby and try to force feed my kid (diabetic or not, she said no) unacceptable.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)