Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is 3 too young for piano lessons?

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:08 PM
  • 6 Replies

What do you think? 

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LucyHarper
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:09 PM

My son started at 18 months. We have a family friend who teaches him.

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Depends on the 3 year old..

My son at 3? Too young.

My  middle daughter at 3?  Just fine..

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

Annsf
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:13 PM

My son was 5.  The biggest problem was he wasn't  reading.  I wouldn't do it again.

taramac
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:15 PM
No, my three year old loves playing his guitar and singing in his microphone. I don't think it's ever too young too nourish potential as long as you don't push it or have too high of expectations.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
WesternNYmom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:16 PM

I think it depends on the child. My daughter started taking dance lessons at 3 and is still dances now. I have known a few people who started their child on an activty young and the child lost interest after a few weeks.  I would look for a teacher who will allow you to pay month to month, and not force you to sign a contract, that way, if  your child decides he/she doesn't like it, you are not stuck paying for the time your child doesn't take the lessons.  The school my daughter dances at allows you to pay month to month and only charges you for the time the child is there.  I have seen alot of pre schoolers drop out after only a month as they just weren't interested in going anymore.

ivegotrhythm
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:18 PM

My sons teacher prefers them to start at 8.  They can read and do the math necessary at that age.  She is a college professor and has sent kids to Julliard, so I trust her judgement.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)