Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Carseat question.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

I'm getting a new minivan tonight, and it's a big change from my small 2 door car I had. My kids are 5 and 6 and in boosters, but I have a question. Where should I put them? The van has three sections. Front seats, middle seats are bucket seats, with an "aisle" in between them leading to the bench seat which has 3 places. Should I put them in the middle buckets or in the back bench? Also we'll be having a baby in the next few months, so I need an accurate place for an infant seat.

Sounds crazy but I've never had a mini van before, always had my car. Everyone I know has cars too...lol. Thanks. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MommaGreenhalge
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:20 PM
I would put the oldest in the back, because I would assume the six year old can buckle themselves. Baby in one of the buckets for ease of use, and middle child in the other.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:21 PM

They both can buckle themselves. They're 12 months apart and inseperable but I'm thinking that if one is in the middle and the other is in the very back they won't fight and argue as much.

Quoting MommaGreenhalge:

I would put the oldest in the back, because I would assume the six year old can buckle themselves. Baby in one of the buckets for ease of use, and middle child in the other.

CjEmmemommy
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:27 PM

My o,rest 2 are in the very back and the baby is in the Captian chair behind the driver. I unbuckle him, reach through the seats and door and unbuckle my middle child who is harnessed and then my oldest is boostered and can unbuckle himself.

I would think the older kids would prefer to be together in the back, the baby won't care being alone in the middle,

MommaGreenhalge
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Yep. My boys are 3 and 5 and usually get along pretty well, but no way would I put them both in the back of a minivan.

Quoting Anonymous:

They both can buckle themselves. They're 12 months apart and inseperable but I'm thinking that if one is in the middle and the other is in the very back they won't fight and argue as much.

Quoting MommaGreenhalge:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:24 PM
put the oldest two in the back bench seat, fold one of of bucket seats and put baby in the other one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Why fold one bucket?

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

put the oldest two in the back bench seat, fold one of of bucket seats and put baby in the other one.

CreziaMommyTo2
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:46 PM

more room in the car, easier for the boys to get in

Quoting Anonymous:

Why fold one bucket?

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)