• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Foundation in the carpet

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:23 PM
  • 18 Replies
I was in the shower and my ds got into my makeup and poured my foundation on the carpet. I've tried clorox wipes and it's not coming out. Any tips?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Oh no!! I hope it wasn't the expensive foundation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Vinegar and hot water
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

http://home.howstuffworks.com/how-to-remove-liquid-makeup-stains.htm

How to Remove Liquid Foundation Makeup Stains

Why do we traditionally spring clean in the spring?

Nichola Evans/­Getty Images

Liquid foundation makeup is a wonderful tool that can be used to hide flaws or enhance natural beauty. However, there is nothing attractive about makeup stains. Read on to learn how to remove these stubborn spots and have people looking at you, and not your laundry stains.

The first step in removing liquid makeup stains is to identify the stained material.­­­

Below are the most common types of materials that can become makeup-stained, with steps on how to remove liquid makeup from each:

• Non-washable fibers such as Acetate, Carpet (synthetic or wool), Fiberglass, Rayon, Silk, Triacetate or Wool
  • Washable fibers such as Acrylic Fabric, Cotton, Linen, Modacrylic, Nylon, Olefin, Polyester or Spandex
  • Hard surfaces such as Acrylic Plastic, Alabaster, Asphalt, Bamboo, Cane, Ceramic Glass/Tile, Cork, Enamel, Glass, Gold, Ivory, Jade, Linoleum, Marble, Paint (flat or gloss), Plexiglas, Polyurethane, Stainless Steel, Vinyl Clothing, Vinyl Tile or Vinyl Wallcovering
  • Stone surfaces such as Bluestone, Masonry Tile, Sandstone, Slate or Terrazzo
  • Leather or suede
  • Wood

Betty Boop Lets go to the disco.    Betty Jean Newell Smith

Kerriebear007
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:25 PM
No thank god lol.

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Oh no!! I hope it wasn't the expensive foundation.

SpnFulOfSugar
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Oxyclean
Kerriebear007
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Thank you

Quoting Anonymous:

Vinegar and hot water
Kerriebear007
1 mom liked this
Aislinn
1 mom liked this

Laundry detergent, sparingly. Lightly wet the spot, put some laundry detergent ( sparingly!!) and work it in. Keep rinsing and scrubbing until it is gone. Hot water will work best because it will loosen the oil. When the stain is gone, use cold water to rinse! Good luck!

Kerriebear007
Thank you. I actually have some.

Quoting SpnFulOfSugar:

Oxyclean
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:28 PM

You have got to be the most useful person in this group.

Quoting Sassy762:

http://home.howstuffworks.com/how-to-remove-liquid-makeup-stains.htm

How to Remove Liquid Foundation Makeup Stains

Why do we traditionally spring clean in the spring?

Nichola Evans/­Getty Images

Liquid foundation makeup is a wonderful tool that can be used to hide flaws or enhance natural beauty. However, there is nothing attractive about makeup stains. Read on to learn how to remove these stubborn spots and have people looking at you, and not your laundry stains.

The first step in removing liquid makeup stains is to identify the stained material.­­­

Below are the most common types of materials that can become makeup-stained, with steps on how to remove liquid makeup from each:

• Non-washable fibers such as Acetate, Carpet (synthetic or wool), Fiberglass, Rayon, Silk, Triacetate or Wool
  • Washable fibers such as Acrylic Fabric, Cotton, Linen, Modacrylic, Nylon, Olefin, Polyester or Spandex
  • Hard surfaces such as Acrylic Plastic, Alabaster, Asphalt, Bamboo, Cane, Ceramic Glass/Tile, Cork, Enamel, Glass, Gold, Ivory, Jade, Linoleum, Marble, Paint (flat or gloss), Plexiglas, Polyurethane, Stainless Steel, Vinyl Clothing, Vinyl Tile or Vinyl Wallcovering
  • Stone surfaces such as Bluestone, Masonry Tile, Sandstone, Slate or Terrazzo
  • Leather or suede
  • Wood

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)