Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Induction because of Gestational Diabetes?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

How many of you were induced soley because of gestational diabetes or had a csection directly related to?

I read a post in pregnancy about it, and several of my friends/family members are telling me that if I do have gb that I'm most likely going to be induced or need a csection or that my baby has a higher mortality rate???

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:03 PM

bump....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:05 PM
If you control your gd and watch what you eat you can have a normal delivery i think...i have never had gd though
MooseMomma
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:09 PM
I was a GD. My baby was very ahead of the growth pattern because we had a very hard time controlling my sugars. The plan was for induction at 39 weeks because he had the potential of being over 12 lbs if we let him go full term. My body shape and his positioning ended up with me being a scheduled c section (at 39 weeks). He was 9lbs 2oz 21". The last month of my pregnancy I was able to control my sugars good and his growth slowed tremendously.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
littlelamb303
by Emerald Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:20 PM

I am full diabetic now, but I had insulin dependent GD when I was pregnant.  My water broke at 35 weeks and I had a c section because her cord was wrapped around her neck and her heart rate was dropping. It was not because of the diabetes, I had been in labor for many hours and I was going to deliver her naturally.  She was 6 lbs and 2 oz. breathing on her own:)  Babies of diabetics are brought to the NICU to monitor their bs as well.  My dd was fine(blood sugars all normal)   DD is 16 now and never had any health problems.  Watch yourself though.  I developed full blown diabetes about 11 yrs after her birth.  It is true what they say, your risk is very high after having GD.

littlelamb303
by Emerald Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:22 PM

also, they never told me I would have to have a c section because of the diabetes.  They will watch the baby's weight and induce IF the child gets too large.  Otherwise, they try to get you to deliver naturally.  I had a healthy baby with diabetes, you can too.  good luck

isaiahbellamom
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:27 PM
I was induced at 37 weeks for GD I also was taking insulin . My daugther weighed 7.2 pounds. I pushed 10 mins.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)