Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just found a spider on my baby!!!

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:30 PM
  • 8 Replies

In her crib! I had a spiderbite on my leg that swelled up to the size of a golf ball underneat the skin. It gave me muscle spasms and pain. Now the bite is purple and skin is peeling off.

The spider was tiny, but very bubbly looking. It looked pregnant. It was solid dark orange. It was about the size of a dime. And I am worried it may have bit my babygirl!! What could it be? It was on the outside of her clothes..should I worry?? 

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:31 PM

So, a lot of scientists say that we are NEVER more than 4 feet away from a spider at any given time..

::shudders::

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:31 PM

You Need terminix.

0Kit0
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:33 PM
They say we eat several spiders per year on average.

Take your kid to the hospital since you're worried.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nursiepooLPN
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Strip her and look for a bite.  If you see one I'd take her in just to be safe.  If no bite appears and she seems fine I'd probably just make sure to call an exterminator in soon. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Even if you call a exterminator, it won't get rid of spiders. We called last year and the man went ahead and sprayed for me. But he said it doesn't really help kill spiders. May kill a few but wot be rid of them. There are things you can buy. I think I read peppermint oil sprayed because they hate the smell. We ended up moving because the spider problem was so bad. Happy we did because the new people found black widows in there!!!!
whatssleep
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:38 PM
What area do you live in? Your bite sounds like brown recluse? Id have yours looked at.
If you don't see a bite on your baby I wouldn't worry.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
healingone
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:39 PM

That's scary, of course, but it sounds like after you c heck her for signs of a bite, the next thing you need to do is get some help for you so you can find out what type of spider it might have been, and then find out if you want to call someone to check out whether any extermination is actually necessary.  We almost sent one of our found spiders to an entymologist when we weren't sure what it is.  The nearest local cooperative extension office should be able to direct you as to how to find out what they might be as if they don't have any entymologists on staff, they know where to find them.  Blessings,!!!!

bullemhead
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:45 PM

This exactly. I suffered through a brown recluse bite during a camping trip years ago. Spent the summer with an open wound on my leg and several rounds of antibiotics. Not fun at all. I still have a significant scar on my leg.

Quoting whatssleep:

What area do you live in? Your bite sounds like brown recluse? Id have yours looked at.
If you don't see a bite on your baby I wouldn't worry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)