Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is why you don't p*ss off a barista....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies

Today was a day of really awful people. They were rude. inconsiderate. and basically scum. Working with the public is bringing me closer and closer to hating the human race. Today I had people blowing smoke in our faces in the window. A high customer... enough said. Another dumped a bunch of trash on our drive thru counter and drove off. I was addressed as "hey you" "EXCUSE ME" (the ghetto i am better than you one. not the polite one) and a noise that deserved a cough drop. I have a name tag. I have a name. I damn sure don't have a tail or fur so I KNOW You did not just snap your fingers at me for attention. 

A guy came on the floor and asked all the women "why are ya'll PMSing.... jeeze cheer up" an hr later I was on lunch and he came in the back and said "fuck this. fuck this day. fuck these people" HA yeah how's that PMS treating you sweet pea? 

Long story short. This is why you don't piss off a barista. At the end of my patience this ..... woman snapped her fingers at me and said "Well I CHANGED MY MIND. I WANT A QUAD NONFAT LATTE." This is after I baby-stepped her through an order that took 5 minutes. So I replied "why yes ma'am I'll take care of that myself" I walked over and put whipped cream on the bottom. I put whole milk in the steamer, and I gave her a quad shot.... of decaf. I stirred it all up and handed it back to her with a cheerful "I hope this helps your day and keeps you going! have a great one." Every single barista cracked up laughing when she drove off. It was small. Petty. But damn it was nice. 

PS: 

no no no no no. We will NEVER EVER EVER give a customer caf when it's for decaf. that's a health hazard. Some have health /heart problems and can't have the caf. :) That's a line we don't EVER EVER Cross. 

Quoting wkukid:

I worry people are giving me caff when I ask for decaf. This didn't help.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.wilcox01
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Hmm
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Spfldmomof2
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Hahahahaha! I can deal with that. It's the workers who feel to put their bodily fluids in stuff that sicken me. I am always nice to fellow co workers.
poshkat
1 mom liked this
Awesome!! Ppl will rip you to shreds but atleast you didn't spit or piss in her drink.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:40 PM
When I was 16 I worked for starbucks. I would give rude customer decaf. I kind of feel bad now, but at least I didnt do anything gross lol
Johnsonmommy5
Honestly that's pretty funny!! You didn't do anything gross and she had it coming! I personally am not mean to people in the service industry for a reason!
winkyloafer
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:41 PM
What? No whole milk?! BOO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:42 PM

exactly. she got a little extra fat, and no caffeine. lol 

Quoting Johnsonmommy5:

Honestly that's pretty funny!! You didn't do anything gross and she had it coming! I personally am not mean to people in the service industry for a reason!

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I worry people are giving me caff when I ask for decaf. This didn't help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:43 PM

oh yeah. she got as much fat as I could put in that cup. 

Quoting winkyloafer:

What? No whole milk?! BOO.

BEXi
by BEXi on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:43 PM

You got DECAF'D biatch!

I am a barista, but for an independent cafe.. Sounds like you work for Starbucks? That sucks.

Ive only decafed one person and I cant remember what it was for- but I just remember it was fucked up enough for me to actually decaf someone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)