• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Grandmother at hospital to welcome GREAT-GREAT grandchild.

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:39 PM
  • 8 Replies
I just have to share this and I've posted it in all my groups because I just think its wonderful!!!

FIVE generations of women in one picture :-) how nice is that???

My grandma is a very spunky woman. We always say she's a feisty old broad. And she just turned 89.

She has 2 daughters, 4 grandchildren, 9 great-grandchildren, and 1 brand new great-great grandchild :-).

I can't imagine how awesome it would be to see my family grow like that :-)

They took a pic today of the 5 generations. My grandma, her daughter, her granddaughter, her great grand daughter, and now her great great granddaughter. 5 generations of women :-)

Anyone else had something like this in your family?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ElyseFowler
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this

My great grandma was born in 27 still alive, my grandma is her daughter, my mother, myself and my oldest son. 4 generations of women and the 5th is male. This hasn't happened in my family in nearly 100 years!!

AustinRonMommy
by Nickhole on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:50 PM
2 moms liked this

In the back standing is my mom and me. On the couch is my Great Grandma, my nephew and my Grandma...5 generations...all first borns. My great grandma is 82 and she will be 83 in November.

white_wolf454
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:54 PM

yes but my step mom ripped it up saying i dont deserve to be remembered 

Grnyann65
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:59 PM

We have a picture of my grandma, my dad, me, my son, and my grand daughter. My grandma passed away in December 2012. She was 94, and is sorely missed.

Ginnygurl97
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:24 PM
I'm very sorry to hear that. My other grandmother passed away last year at 94. We were incredibly close. I think my older son misses her the most :-( she knew I was pregnant when she passed. I just wish she could've met her new boy :-/

Quoting Grnyann65:

We have a picture of my grandma, my dad, me, my son, and my grand daughter. My grandma passed away in December 2012. She was 94, and is sorely missed.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Diamondblue1
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:27 PM
My great grand mother passed away in 2007. She was 94 she raised me since i was 10 and been there when i had my 3 kids. I named my 3rd kid after her.
Grnyann65
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:28 PM
And, I'm sorry for your loss. My grandmother and I were close too. I'm so glad my children were able to know her.
Quoting Ginnygurl97:

I'm very sorry to hear that. My other grandmother passed away last year at 94. We were incredibly close. I think my older son misses her the most :-( she knew I was pregnant when she passed. I just wish she could've met her new boy :-/

Quoting Grnyann65:

MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:30 PM
My great grandma passed away last month, 1 day after her 94th bday. She had 3 great great grandkids. I have a pic of 5 generations of my family taken after my oldest was born
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)