Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I the only one that has almost nothing in the pantry?

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:08 PM
  • 46 Replies
My pantries are damn near bare. I figure if it does not have to be refrigerated, it probably isn't good for you. Of course, this is not true for everything. We do have rice, oatmeal, beans, and quinoa.
What about you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissMissfit
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this

My pantry is full to the brim. I like to keep a lot of canned ready to eat, in case of earthquakes. But we don't eat them usually. They are just there "in case".

504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:10 PM
What is quinoa?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:11 PM
We need to go to the store but we have severe storm warnings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xanayda
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:12 PM
My pantry is stocked with dry pasta, potato's,rice, oatmeal, cereal, canned stuff like beans and tomato sauce. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissMissfit
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this

ETA: I keep a lot of canned ready to eat chili. I read a survival article that stated the high calorie count, an adult can survive on half a can of chili a day. And it has an extremely long shelf life. I don't like to eat it, but I figure if it's the apocalypse, it would be good to have some on hand. lol

Cynthje
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:15 PM

I have dried beans, rice, pasta, canned tuna and tomatoes there and thats about it. I keep my onions, garlic and potatoes there as well and thats about it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:17 PM

We dont have a lot of stuff in the pantry except for cereal and spag sauce and maybe a few cans of soup.I do stock up on meat and chicken though.

Kerannmer
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Same here! We eat very little processed food, and when we do, I like to keep it as "minimally processed" as possible.

I do have a quinoa, black rice, dried beans, an assortment of dried fruit and nuts, organic pasta, popcorn kernals, and some jars of "canned" tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers. Also my staples: coconut, olive, grapeseed, and almond oils, and acv. I do have some tin cans of organic tomatoes, beans, and pumpkin puree.  

Just about everything else is fresh and refrigerated or frozen (chicken stock, last year's berries, etc.).

nataliemaddymom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:18 PM
I dont have a bunch of junk but it is still full. Flour, sugar, rice, oatmeal, beans, shortening, coucous, cornmeal, dried fruit, and tea bags, plus spices and all other baking supplies.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AHmom103
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:18 PM

We have a lot of canned goods (mostly stuff we've canned ourselves), cereal, poptarts (I know, they suck...but my kids love having them once in a while), and pasta, which is sometimes homemade, and sometimes not. Oh, and peanut butter. I have a huge stockpile of peanut butter. Not quite sure why though, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)