Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SHAKEN BABY!!!

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:10 PM
  • 3 Replies
Every year I have to be Sickened by the required class and video by the state for licensed child care on Shaken Baby Syndrome . People always talk about how shaking a baby causes death. Well it doesn't just cause death. It can cause brain damage.

The ones that don't die could live a life of disability. Its so sad. I've worked with many children with brain damage and all kinds of disabilities before doing daycare. I've often wondered if some of their disabilities were a result of shaking.

I am shocked at the amount of moms who.have felt like shaking their babies. I could never imagine feeling like shaking my children or anyone elses...probably a good thing since I do daycare. I understand feeling frustrated. It does happen though so Its important for all parents to remember if they.feel like they are at a breaking point to put the baby in a safe place and take a break. Ask for help!

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
robyann
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:30 AM

It is so sad to see and hear about an adult doing this to a baby. I have never felt like I wanted to shake a baby. I have felt frustrated and overwhemed at times. That's when you lay the baby down and walk away, get a quick break. Laying a baby on the floor and letting them cry for 5 minutes won't hurt them, shaking them WILL. 

typingMom to 6~MawMaw to 9 & counting!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)