Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How likely is it to get pregnant using pull out method?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 79 Replies
IF you had just come off your period a week before? I'm being very serious. I really don't understand ovulation and how that works. I honestly thought ovulating meant having your period before I joined cm. I was never taught this stuff in school. I have a better understanding of it now but it still confuses me. I had my first 2 kids using the pull out method but that was before I knew anything about ovulation. I don't use birth control. I never have. I want to use natural family planning.

Anyways, it would be super unlikely to get pregnant the week after your period, right? You can have unprotected sex at that time but you CAN'T 2 weeks after because that's when you ovulate and thats the only time you can get pregnant. Right?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xixCandyxix
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Well pulling out is I believe 70-something% effective used alone, with "typical" use. If you use it with a calendar method it over 90-something% effective.

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:22 PM

You usually ovulate 14 days after the first day of your period. If you ovulate early however you could get pregnant that week.

xixCandyxix
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Oh a week after your period ended would be pretty close to ovulation so be careful.. Ovulation is usually day 14 so I'd have to know what day your period started to give you a more accurate idea

hopinforanother
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:25 PM

We used the pull out method and NFP. Except we only withheld sex for 4 days prior to ovulation. I meant to do 5, but my body gave some mixed signals.

I'm 23 weeks.

This is not the first time pulling out has failed me.

Maybe I'm just fertile, or maybe my husband just doesn't pull out fast enough. IDK.

I won't be using that method again.

xanayda
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:26 PM
I got pregnant using the pull out method 3 times, doesn't work. And for me before and a week after my period i was the most fertile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Oh dear lol

Quoting hopinforanother:

We used the pull out method and NFP. Except we only withheld sex for 4 days prior to ovulation. I meant to do 5, but my body gave some mixed signals.

I'm 23 weeks.

This is not the first time pulling out has failed me.

Maybe I'm just fertile, or maybe my husband just doesn't pull out fast enough. IDK.

I won't be using that method again.

AF2011
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:27 PM
I never got pregnant using the pullout method. I did get pregnant right after my period though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Yikes

Quoting xanayda:

I got pregnant using the pull out method 3 times, doesn't work. And for me before and a week after my period i was the most fertile.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Did you really think ovulating meant getting your period? Oh my. How old are you? You need to educate yourself a bit more.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:28 PM
For me, I am a pretty much a 28-32 day person. Meaning I get my period anywhere from 28 days to 34 days. So I know I ovulate anywhere between day 14-18. So if my tubes were not tied I could get pregnant 14-18 days after the beginning of my last period.

If you are the same way then you could possibly get pregnant a week after the end of your period.

Oh and my pull out baby is now 4.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)