• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to Adopt a little girl.. There I said it..

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:29 PM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have three wonderful boys, 23,21 and 7. I love my sons sooo much but I want a little girl, my husband is willing to start the State Adoptions but I am scared of what my family, my in-laws and all my friends are gonna say.. My in-laws think I am not a good mom because I don't keep my house to their standards even though I clean and pick up every other day.. Well there is my confession for the day and I am not going to stay anonmous for this..

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mweddle
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:30 PM

You should do it!  I have 4 that I've adopted from the state and it has been the best thing I've ever done in my life.  It's pretty easy and its free and there are a lot of kids that need a mommy and daddy and unless your house is filthy and bug filled you're probably ok there. ;)

Mommy_Jenx3
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:31 PM

That's normal for a lot of people to want different genders. Nothing wrong with that. And screw what people might say.....you will be doing a great thing for that little girl. Good luck, I hope it all works out for you!

twin_mama_x_2
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Totally normal-lol that's how I ended up with 4 kids:-)..I had my twin boys 1st,decided to try for a girl and had my boy/girl set then!! So,2 sets of twins later,I'm all done!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Marinemom918
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:56 AM
1 mom liked this

You are all right, I have a extra bedroom and my son having a sister around is age or younger would not be bad, there is way too many kids here in the States that need forever families.. I am going for it, and no I just choose not to worry about my house work everyday so i have mommy/son time..I work full-time and I am home before he gets home from school, I am here at dinner and mu hubby is back by 5:30pm so it works for us. We have so much love and I can't have anymore kids so this is right for me, besides I will be 54 when my son graduates from High School whats a couple more years? As long as they are done by the time I am 60 and on their way to college or living the adult life I will be good, besides it keeps me young when we take my son to Baseball, Football and other events..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 6:00 AM

Every other day? I wish I could get away with that. 

villagemamma
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 6:04 AM

Do whats right for your family. You know your situation and capabilities better then anyone. If you are able to care for another child and are willing to offer them a home with a loving a loving family i could never argue with that.

SLMitchell
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 6:13 AM

We have one child but have had trouble conceiving more.  We are very interested in adopting, and adopting through the state/foster system seems like the best choice for us (we are military and can certainly provide financially, but a military paycheck won't cover private adoption fees).  Would you mind PMing me with information on the process and your personal experience?

Quoting Mweddle:

You should do it!  I have 4 that I've adopted from the state and it has been the best thing I've ever done in my life.  It's pretty easy and its free and there are a lot of kids that need a mommy and daddy and unless your house is filthy and bug filled you're probably ok there. ;)

I am...a dreadlocks sportin', vegan food diggin', garden growin', floaty skirt wearin', bare feet steppin', from scratch cookin', non-spankin', homeschoolin', fiction writin', couponin', dog adoptin', displaced Texan, wife of a soldier and mother of a darlin'...

Eshadowgirl
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 6:55 AM

I think that is a wonderful idea. :) Sounds like Dh is on board, and I bet the boys would love a sister.  To heck with what the others think..This is YOUR life and family. Give a little girl a chance at a loving forever home.

Whats the difference between state adoption and other adoptions? Is it more affordable?

happykitty316
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:16 AM

That's great!  Don't worry about what your family says.

Bigmetalchicken
by Emerald Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Do it! Kids are never a bad idea when they are soming to a home where they will be loved and cared for!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)