Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you hope for in your children's future partner?

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:39 PM
  • 47 Replies

Maybe it's this site and all the stories of women abused, mistreated, cheated on, etc., maybe it's the fact that I have daughters, but the type of person they end up with is something that crosses my mind from time to time. Perhaps it's a fear that is further amplified by watching my 17 year old sil dating a 29 year old, who is currently in jail. I'm just curious about others and if this is a common concern.

Do you hope your son(s) marry a woman like you, your daughter(s) a man like their father?

I honestly just want my girls to end up with someone who makes them happy, treats them good, and brings out the best in them. What my hubby and I have isn't perfect, but it does work well. We are total opposites, but it is what makes us work. I always say it sounds corny, but we really do complete each other. Each of us possesses what the other lacks.

Choosing a partner is one of the biggest decisions in life. I just want them to make a good one.

So, how about you ladies? 

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tifbrown
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:46 PM

I can't be the only one who worries about this?!

tifbrown
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Why worry about the living kids when we are so busy arguing about the aborted ones...

tifbrown
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:52 PM

BUMP!

tifbrown
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:54 PM

BUMP!

504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I've never really thought about it. I have boys. I know they will grow up to be good men and treat women great and respect them. I'm confident that they will attract the right type of woman :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LauraMH
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:55 PM
2 moms liked this
I pray my children are loved, respected and honored in their marriages. I hope my dd does not grow up to marry a man like her father and that my son becomes the man of God who provides for his family.
I want my children to be happy, cared for, caring and equal in their relationships.
tifbrown
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Equality! That's a good one. Very true though. A marriage is a partnership, not a dictatorship.

Quoting LauraMH:

I pray my children are loved, respected and honored in their marriages. I hope my dd does not grow up to marry a man like her father and that my son becomes the man of God who provides for his family.
I want my children to be happy, cared for, caring and equal in their relationships.

LizzieAnnesMom
by β˜†Mrs.Winchesterβ˜† on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:56 PM
I hope he has money and treats her like a queen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tifbrown
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Hahaha! My aunt always used to tell me to marry a rich old man with a cough and a foot in the grave haha. And, to think I didn't follow that advice haha.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

I hope he has money and treats her like a queen.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Considering what your children see and will continue to see they will go after women just like you. They will find women who will walk all over them and cheat on them and break their hearts.

I would try to aim higher for my children if I were you.

Quoting 504bbymami:

I've never really thought about it. I have boys. I know they will grow up to be good men and treat women great and respect them. I'm confident that they will attract the right type of woman :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN