Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help redo this kitchen!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies

Yeah yeah I know it's ugly. It's a fixer upper. 

So this is what we are working with. What do you think we should do? We want to stay cheap. We don't have loads of money to blow on the kitchen.

Oh and all of the junk will obviously be cleaned out. It's either stuff we just dumped there in the moving process or stuff that the old owners left behind. 

Oh and abunch

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AF2011
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:41 PM

I'm not good at stuff like this. I would get rid of all that clutter. I hate clutter.

kbutton24
by Mrs.Sima on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Check out Pinterest. Great ideas and DIY tutorials.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sugareemommee
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Facelift or renovation?

I'd sand and paint the cabinets, new hardware for sure. But anything else all depends on your budget.
sugareemommee
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:44 PM
They have laminate paint for the countertops, tin backsplash maybe, paint the walls. I'd put in new flooring if you can afford it. Maybe a fake wood to stay cheap.

I would put more cabinets or a dishwasher on the bottom, I like the open look up top but not in the bottom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Quoting sugareemommee:

Facelift or renovation?

I'd sand and paint the cabinets, new hardware for sure. But anything else all depends on your budget.

What color would you pain the cabinents? That deff something I want to do but I don't know what colors or what colors to do the walls. 

We don't want to do a total renovation for the kitchen. Not trying to rip anything out lol I'm okay with the counter tops and cabinents(just not the colors and handles). I'd also like to redo the floor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Quoting sugareemommee:

They have laminate paint for the countertops, tin backsplash maybe, paint the walls. I'd put in new flooring if you can afford it. Maybe a fake wood to stay cheap.

I would put more cabinets or a dishwasher on the bottom, I like the open look up top but not in the bottom.

The problem I'm having with the floors is that the rest of the house is real wood. I wish it continued in to the kitchen but it doesn't. I don't want to put 2 different types of woods down, ya know? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:52 PM

bump

Goofygadget
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:53 PM
You can't change the floors so I'd work that into anything I'd do.

Could you actually afford that? I saw you wrote cheap but you seemed to have entertained the idea of switching it. What's your budget?.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starfire59
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:58 PM

White cabinets with pewter knobs and pulls   walls either a soft dove grey or caramel with all trim done in white to match cabinets and do wood laminate flooring. I'd do floor to ceiling drapes on the wndows

Goofygadget
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Also.. are those rugs on the floor or missing vinyl tiles?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN