Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you terminate a friendship UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
Because your friend told you to stop talking to her about your problems with your husband and do somthing about it. If she said it wasnt fair to her to have to listen to the same problems year after year. What if you just needed someone to vent to. Is it fair to use the same friend or is it overwhelming to that friend?

*I am actually the friend thats sick of hearing my friend cry over her disrepectful husband. I wrote a post about this from my side and everyone jumped down my throat for not sticking by her through yhick and thin. She called me early obe morning to vent and I told her its time for action and its not helping her to vent at this point its also hurtful to me because I care and hate to see her and her kids go through this. She said i was right and she would call me later and I havent heard from her since.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SRUsarahSC
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:54 PM
4 moms liked this

Listening to someone whine over and over but never change anything makes me want to beat my head off a wall. I have stopped being friends with people for things similar to this, usually compounded by a few other reasons, so yes, but I am siding with the friend who is sick of listening to the whining, not the person doing the whining.

Chakita0912
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:54 PM

I vent to my sister in law about everything and anything. She also vents to me. I don't think that it is right to terminate a friendship over venting. If that friend had a problem with you venting to her that she should have said something before terminating the friendship. People don't speak up anymore and it makes me mad.

KMadsen
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:55 PM

If it's the same thing over and over but you never do a thing about it, then yes, it would be overwhelming to your friend. dont complain about the same issues time after time but dont try to fix it. it gets tiring to hear.

happy41ce
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:57 PM
3 moms liked this

because if you ARE NOT willing to do something about it then shut up. Thats my opinion.

I agree with the friend. I would stop talking to someone that bitched about it over and over and over again. I mean get out of the relationship if someone is so miserable!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Now that I think about her life is pretty stable she complains now and then I thought she had less drama in her life so she could help me see clearly.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

Listening to someone whine over and over but never change anything makes me want to beat my head off a wall. I have stopped being friends with people for things similar to this, usually compounded by a few other reasons, so yes, but I am siding with the friend who is sick of listening to the whining, not the person doing the whining.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Hmm she kinda yelled at me and said she hurts to hear me talk about my disrespectful husband and its time for action. I have been married 10 years and its always been this way
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Yep, and I did.

I had a friend with custody issues and she called me ALL THE TIME to vent, which was fine. But when it got to the point where she was ONLY calling when she needed advice, I started geting pissed. You wouldn't believe how much time I spent with her one night, helping her write a motion to file with the court...I was at her house until 1:30 in the morning. I then didn't hear from her until almost exactly one year later - asking for advice on how to handle the exact same situation. She'd never filed the information. I told her to do what I'd told her to do LAST year - then deleted and blocked her from Facebook, and blocked her from my phone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Quit yer bitchin and DO something about it, or else stop talking her ear off about it. If she's offered you room to vent and advice and you do NOTHING about it, and then continue to waste her time and patience with your continual and repetitive bitching, then yeah...she SHOULD dropkick your ass. 

Sort your fucking life out, or at least quit bitching about it.

CodeBlue
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:04 PM
One of my best friends is an a horrible on-again off-again relationship. He leaves and I pick up the pieces, she vows to never take him back.
He comes back, promising change and she takes him back.
The last time she did this I told her I did not want her to hear anything about her man or their relationship.
She hasn't spoken to me that much since then, because she cannot hold a conversation without involving him in it. I won't deal with it again.
If they can stay together without breaking up for a year, I would be open to listening to her again.
It gets freakin tiring!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SammiBaby
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:05 PM
I agree with the friend. I wouldn't terminate the friendship completely at first but would definitely step away and visits would be limited.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)