Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My mom flipped on my mil today

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this
I don't usually work on Saturdays, but my job was offering overtime today. My mil usually watches ds when I need a sitter. I thought I'd be able to pick ds up by 3pm, but I didn't get off until 3pm so I asked my mom to pick him up and drop him at my house. My mil also watches sil kids who call her ma ma, so naturally my ds calls mil ma ma. As ds was leaving with my mom, he said bye bye ma ma. My mil called me crying because my mom flipped out on her, yelling and cursing that she's trying to steal her daughter(me). So after I got my ds settled I asked my mom hee version of events. She prettied it up, and made mil the aggressor. But I know mil and I know my mom. I told her she needed to apologize to mil and if I don't have a problem with ds calling mil ma ma, she shouldn't either. So she told me that if I feel that way, then I shouldn't call her or ask her for anything and that mil is my mom now.
Honestly, that's fine by me. If she can't control her emotions in front of my child keep her nose out of things that don't concern her, I'm better off without her drama.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hello_kitty25
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Whoa do we have the same mom?? Lol only difference is my mil would tell her to stfu! I feel bad for your mil :-( if u don't have a problem with it thats all that matters!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:00 PM
What a drama llama!
moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this
You did the right thing. Like you said if it doesn't bother you than she should keep her mouth shut.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Lol. Is your mother boy crazy and dresses like a 16 year old stripper in training?

Quoting hello_kitty25:

Whoa do we have the same mom?? Lol only difference is my mil would tell her to stfu! I feel bad for your mil :-( if u don't have a problem with it thats all that matters!

TSNDDY
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Wow, your mom sounds a bit territorial.
DarksMama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Good for you. Your mom sounds like a nutter.

FooLynRoo
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:05 PM

ur mom is cray cray

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:08 PM
She is

Quoting DarksMama:

Good for you. Your mom sounds like a nutter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:09 PM
Just a bit? Lol
She's more jealous than anything.

Quoting TSNDDY:

Wow, your mom sounds a bit territorial.

hello_kitty25
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Ahh no! Lol she's a bit to fluffy for that! But she is very rude and seems to act like the world owes her something.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol. Is your mother boy crazy and dresses like a 16 year old stripper in training?

Quoting hello_kitty25:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)