Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't know how to eat healthy and....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
Seriously I don't know how to eat healthy. I despise cooking. I find it confusing and difficult because I have a learning disability.

Yes I've gained weight and haven't taken as good care of myself as I could/should have.

But my husband told me tonight he doesn't like to take me out to places because he's embarrassed of my presence. :-/ I am 5'8 and 228 pounds. I feel I carry it ok. But that really hurt. Thinking of going off the deep end and going anorexic. My stupid cymbalta has made it difficult to lose weight and I e gained easily 40 pounds in the 2 years I've been on it. UHG I hate myself. I feel lower than low right now.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Guess I am a worthless piece of crap.
nursiepooLPN
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Hugs.  I am 4'10 and 200lbs.  I have been eating primal and losing weight and feel so good.  I don't eat any grains or legumes.  I started it last year and lost a good bit but got lazy while on vacation.  Now I'm back on track.  I eat a lot of meat, fat, and vegetables.  NO processed foods.  Buy a crock pot.  I'll throw in a bunch of chicken breasts and cook them so they are ready for other recipes.

nursiepooLPN
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Nobody is a worthless piece of crap.  You deserve someone better. Don't let him disrespect you like that.

Jazmyn1
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:30 PM
Im 5'6" and 285 lbs your husband is an ass sorry. You are fine and maybe ask yoir dr if there is something else you can go on because of the weight gain there are other options I had to change my meds as well. Your husband is so wrong for saying that to you. No one is a piece of crap. Dont let anyone disrespect.you like that
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Cymbalta is like the 15th drug I've tried for my depression/anxiety and I feel it's the one that works the best. I've gotten the best mood/results from this one. I'm afraid to try a new one and go crazy on it. :-/

I know I diserve better. Leaving is hard. And I need to get my self in order before I do. I have no college or technical training. :-/

Quoting Jazmyn1:

Im 5'6" and 285 lbs your husband is an ass sorry. You are fine and maybe ask yoir dr if there is something else you can go on because of the weight gain there are other options I had to change my meds as well. Your husband is so wrong for saying that to you. No one is a piece of crap. Dont let anyone disrespect.you like that

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:40 PM
That's a good idea for the chicken. Do you just cook it with water or chicken broth? And do you freeze it or what? Sorry I feel so dumb. But thank you for your kind words.

Quoting nursiepooLPN:

Hugs.  I am 4'10 and 200lbs.  I have been eating primal and losing weight and feel so good.  I don't eat any grains or legumes.  I started it last year and lost a good bit but got lazy while on vacation.  Now I'm back on track.  I eat a lot of meat, fat, and vegetables.  NO processed foods.  Buy a crock pot.  I'll throw in a bunch of chicken breasts and cook them so they are ready for other recipes.

nursiepooLPN
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

That's a good idea for the chicken. Do you just cook it with water or chicken broth? And do you freeze it or what? Sorry I feel so dumb. But thank you for your kind words.

Quoting nursiepooLPN:

I just put them in their plain. Maybe salt and pepper.  It depends on how many I make and how many dishes will require me to use chicken.  I wouldn't keep it longer than a week tops precooked in the fridge.  After that I would freeze it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Thank you!! Ill do that for sure! I do have a crock pot!

Quoting nursiepooLPN:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting nursiepooLPN:

I just put them in their plain. Maybe salt and pepper.  It depends on how many I make and how many dishes will require me to use chicken.  I wouldn't keep it longer than a week tops precooked in the fridge.  After that I would freeze it. 

Jazmyn1
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:48 PM
You dont need all that to leave. Im not saying leave Idk your situation BUT IF you choose to leave tou dont need all that to live. Your well being and sanity is more important

Quoting Anonymous:

Cymbalta is like the 15th drug I've tried for my depression/anxiety and I feel it's the one that works the best. I've gotten the best mood/results from this one. I'm afraid to try a new one and go crazy on it. :-/

I know I diserve better. Leaving is hard. And I need to get my self in order before I do. I have no college or technical training. :-/

Quoting Jazmyn1:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MomRocs1102
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:51 PM

your husband isn't supportive at all if he hates your weight he should workout with you.

Join Adorable Ladies Group, where women can have free uncensored conversations, and discussions minus the bashing and drama. 

www.cafemom.com/group/118542

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)