Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DH would rather our twins go without formula then use food stamps

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 250 Replies

Poll

Question: Go behind his back and apply?

Options:

Yes - Do What You Gotta Do!

No - Thats disrespectful. Things will work out

Other - Im Not Sure

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 444

View Results

I know i'm not going to get much support here at all, but DH is being a total dick about this and i need advice.

DH is 100% against public assistance, and before the twins we made good enough $ we wouldn't have even came close to qualifying for PA. He lost his license due to a no insurance ticket and since he lost his license, he lost his job. Now, hes working temp at the food shack 3 days a week and putting in applications everywhere else trying to find a good paying job. Going from 14.75 an hour to 7.25 an hour, REALLY f's you up, especially with newborn twins and a 2 year old. Its almost undoable. Both twins have to be on Similac Alimentum which is $33.00 at the grocery store. I use $5 coupons which take it down to $28 for a 1 pound can

a 1 pound can with twins doesn't last long. I applied for WIC but they only do Enfamil (even with doctors notes) and so they are no help. They were talking about switching them over to Enfamil Nutramigen(?) but with them being so little, and the alimentum working so well, the doctor doesn't want to switch them over just for WIC. We had tried enfamil gentlease before too and they couldn't handle it.

I told DH i was going to apply for food stamps, SOLEY for formula until he got a better paying job and he is PISSED. He says its "degrading" which, yes, i don't LIKE being on food stamps but we gained bills, gained two new babies, and LOST income, LOST insurance and behind on rent. At this point, i'll do what i have to to save every dime i can.

He doesn't want me to, whatsoever, but i'm still going too i think.

If you were in my situation, would you go behind his back and apply? Theres no doubt about it we will qualify now.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blessed107
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:33 PM
11 moms liked this

He rather his family go hungry than apply for assistance? Well tell him he needs to get a second job.

The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes a parent has to swallow his/her pride to make sure the children get everything they need. And if you only want help with formula, it would be easier to apply for WIC.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:35 PM
18 moms liked this

Did you have both breasts removed?

Mom2Phoenix2011
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:35 PM
2 moms liked this
You have to do what you have to do. You are trying to use the system correctly.however you may need your husband to do the interview with you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Yet another reason to breastfeed / relactate.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Do you work?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:38 PM
2 moms liked this
You need to go to another wic office I've seen lots of girls getting Simalac on Wic.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Relactate?

Quoting Anonymous:

Yet another reason to breastfeed / relactate.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Are you able to produce enough milk for both babies?
SallyStitches
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:39 PM
36 moms liked this
Get off your high horse.

Quoting Anonymous:

Did you have both breasts removed?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN