Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Deaf Baby Gets His Cochlear Implant Activated

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:54 PM
  • 45 Replies
4 moms liked this

I know some of you ladies have probably seen this video already, but it's so heart-warming, I needed to share it for those of you who haven't seen it yet.

I cried the first time I saw this, it's so amazing. 

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
risaspieces
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I've watched so many videos of children and adults having their implants activated, they make me happy. My sil is thinking about getting the cochlear implant and I can only imagine that she would tear up when she heard our voices, I know I will.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ShanesMommy2012
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:58 PM

BUMP!

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Awwwww. That baby is cute.

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:00 PM

I love these...I can't stop watching things like this and military homecomings on YouTube...I'll end up wasting an hour video surfing, haha...

ShanesMommy2012
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:01 PM

I was surfing these kind of videos today on Youtube and ended up watching a mother holding her child down (he couldn't have been more than 1 year old) while someone gave him a tattoo. Like, a legit tattoo, with a tattoo gun. The poor baby was screaming, I cried for him :( 

Quoting LucyMom08:

I love these...I can't stop watching things like this and military homecomings on YouTube...I'll end up wasting an hour video surfing, haha...

vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:04 PM
2 moms liked this

Aww that's wonderful! I know it's no where near the same but when my son was three we found out he needed glasses. When they put them on him his face lit up because he could finally see clearly. 

ShanesMommy2012
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:06 PM

That's awesome!

My son is probably going to need glasses, because his doctor says that the muscles in his left eye are weak (so he can't hold it all the way open). It's not very noticable but he'll probably need them in the future. 

Quoting vetNmommy:

Aww that's wonderful! I know it's no where near the same but when my son was three we found out he needed glasses. When they put them on him his face lit up because he could finally see clearly. 

banana-bear
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't agree with implanting such a device in a child who cannot choose for themselves.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ShanesMommy2012
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:10 PM

I didn't ask for anyone's opinion, nor did I want this to turn into a debate.

I simply shared it for the ladies on here who would appreciate it, and obviously you aren't one of them, so move on. 

Quoting banana-bear:

I don't agree with implanting such a device in a child who cannot choose for themselves.

anotherhalf
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:12 PM

I think that is amazing.  I know that there are many (don't know if its most or not) people in the hearing impaired community that are completely against this.  If my child was hearing impaired, I wouldn't hestitate to give him the opportunity to hear.  To me, its just like giving a child glasses, or braces, or anything else that would improve their quality of life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)