• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh....I got so annoyed by a mom today!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
So today is DS's 8th birthday. His family party was last week and his friends party is next week so we decided to do some family stuff today...his choice. Well he wanted to go to the indoor glow in the dark mini golf/arcade place that is nearby. I figured that being a Saturday it would be crowded and I was fine with that. Well we had a group of 5 and there was nobody in front or behind us when we started golfing. Soon after however a group of 2 (a young son with his dad) showed up so we let them pass us because we were taking longer. After a few holes another group came up behind us. A women and her 2 kids aged maybe 7 and 4. We didn't let them pass because we were already caught up to the group in front of us and had to wait a minute or 2 at each hole. Well this mother and her son (the 7 year old) was driving me crazy! The entire time all I heard was "Tristan don't do that" "Tristan wait your turn" "Tristen THEY need to finish". She was acting quite annoyed to be stuck behind us. He wasn't actually playing either so he would just push his ball to the hole and then be done. Then he would start hitting his ball on our green before he was done. And the 4 year old would be running around us while we were trying to putt. I would have just let them pass but like I said there were 3 or 4 groups immediately ahead of us so they wouldn't be able get away from us. So finally we reach the last hole which was really hard....even I couldn't do it. I was letting the kids each have a few tries and she was standing behind us watching. My sons ball fell off the green so he went to grab it and she asks quite snotty "are your kids done yet?!?" I said no they are not and let them try again twice before we just gave up and threw the balls down the return.

Then we move into the arcade and she follows shortly after. Basically the same thing happens there.....Tristan, Tristan, Tristan. I just got tired of hearing his name! But whatever we enjoyed the arcade and went and cashed in our tickets and got ice cream. While we were eating she comes over and gives in her kids tickets. The women behind the counter says they have 36 tickets so the mom points out what Tristan can get with his tickets. He wanted something worth more tickets so the mom says rudely "ugh are you SURE he doesn't have 50??" The poor girl behind the counter didn't even know what to say....so she said ok. I just can't stand parents like this sometimes! It's possible her son has some developmental problems and I always take that into account to not get annoyed with other children but it was mainly the mom that annoyed me. How do you not take other people into account at public places? I could barely enjoy my own kids because of hearing her say "Tristan Tristan Tristan" over and over again and of course her rude attitude didn't help!

Just venting.....it was frustrating. I'm sure I will be bashed and told if I don't want to deal with people I should stay home but I just think this was a bit extreme.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
anotherhalf
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:25 PM

I would have been totally annoyed too. I probably would have let her go ahead and hang back just so I wouldn't have to hear her. 

hddcooper
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Yea people like that annoy me too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:37 PM
We would have if we could. There were several groups behind her as well so we couldn't have just stopped. And it really wouldn't be fair to our kids to just stop playing and wait for all the groups to go past us.

Quoting anotherhalf:

I would have been totally annoyed too. I probably would have let her go ahead and hang back just so I wouldn't have to hear her. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:11 PM
My DH can get like that! It drives me batty because half the time the kids are just playing or being kids. In her case it sounds like she doesn't have a good handle on her kids and that they are spoiled. I would have been annoyed as well, I really hate feeling rushed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Seriously. DH was trying to rush them and I told him flat out in front of her not to rush them.....that they could take their time and there was no point in rushing anyways since there was a group right in front of us anyway. Our kids were going at a normal mini golf speed.....probably even a bit quicker.

Quoting Anonymous:

My DH can get like that! It drives me batty because half the time the kids are just playing or being kids. In her case it sounds like she doesn't have a good handle on her kids and that they are spoiled. I would have been annoyed as well, I really hate feeling rushed.

TexasWife
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:21 PM

oy i would have been pissed

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)