Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good punishments for a mouthy kid?

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:49 PM
  • 0 Replies
OK, since my son turned 9...He just thinks the world revolves around him and he doesn't have to listen or answer to anyone... He yells, and screams, and cries...I am over it Just a few minutes ago, He asked for a snack for him and his 3 friends that are spending the night. I was in the middle of blowing up the air mattress, so I told him to wait till I was done and I would fix a snack for everyone. Instead of just saying OK, he stomped off to the other room and started screaming at my husband to get him a snack now!! and then he kicked one of his toys and almost broke my guitar. Well as you can imagine, that didn't go over well. The toy he kicked got thrown away...because obviously he doesn't care enough about it to take care of it. Then my husband had a "chat" with him. I don't know what was said but he came back in to me and said sorry. A while later, we said it was time to turn the video games off and get ready for bed because we have church in the morning. That was another fit... If the other kids parents were not out of town tonight, I would have taken them home. But I have them till church tomorrow...So starting tomorrow after church he has been grounded for a week from everything with a screen except for school work. That is going to leave him with a lot of free time...So I want him doing chores...besides his normal chores of cleaning the bathroom, taking out trash, cleaning his room, feed and water pets, and keeping his room clean. What other jobs are appropriate for a 9 year old that will keep him busy? Any ideas?
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)