Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You could have asked first!

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:12 PM
  • 5 Replies
How would you feel if in laws just decided they were coming to visit for a week, after you gave birth. No phone call, no do you mind, would you like the company. Nothing!

I might just take a trip to California and forget to tell you guys that I won't be home. Rude!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MommyChance
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:16 PM
I would expect it. I would also expect them to get a hotel room for the week.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Well, they will be staying with my other sil, thankfully. But they expect me to show up with the baby every day. And my Fil and step mil are coming the week before, and they will want to see the baby every day.

If they had bothered to call and ask, I would have told them to wait a few weeks and then come. Le sigh.

Quoting MommyChance:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyChance
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:30 PM
I'd tell them it's not possible, your happy to see them and spend time with them when it's good for the babies schedule ;) "oh, the baby is colicky, I just don't think it's a good time."
I do think it's rude to just drop in. Your life is hard enough with a new baby. Maybe you could guilt your MIL into some housework. Or give her a set time to visit each day, using the babies need routine excuse.

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Well, they will be staying with my other sil, thankfully. But they expect me to show up with the baby every day. And my Fil and step mil are coming the week before, and they will want to see the baby every day.

If they had bothered to call and ask, I would have told them to wait a few weeks and then come. Le sigh.

Quoting MommyChance:

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Ugh, I'd rather get a call first. My in laws decided to stay a couple hours one day on their way to Vegas. They stayed eight freaking hours! -_-

We were gonna go to a birthday party for my husband that a buddy threw for him, I sent him on his own. I was done with people for the day.
jesistar6910
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:38 PM

That is rude.

Make some reservations at a hotel. That's what I did. And gave them a 2 hour block of time each day that was visiting hours. That's it. That's what they got. They didn't like it, but my house, my rules.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)