Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Fil told me tonight that my son needs surgery to "fix" his penis...........

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My son is intact. He also has his first and hopefully only bladder infection. Yesterday he had to have a cath done because he refused to go pee at the doctors office, so now he is a bit irritated down there. He was put on meds so hopefully with that and tons of fluids he will get rid of the pain and discomfort and be able to get rid of the infection. Now tonight fil took a look at my son and the first thing he said was that my son needs surgery. I told him, and the doctor my son saw yesterday that circumcision is out of the question (unless absolutly positively necessary). I would think that if there was an issue the doctor would have said something to me yesterday, or hell even the nurse that did the cath would have said something. I know that the only thing you are suppose the see is the peehole, which is all there is to see, and my ds has a good stream when he does go, so I am not concerned, but god my fil won't leave me alone about the care of my son. Thankfully my dh, mil, and the nurse are all on my side and stick up for me, but how I can get my fil to shut up with out shutting him out or making him feel bad because he is just trying to help, but its irritateing?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:22 AM
5 moms liked this

all my boys are circd and have never...... NEVER had an infection.  your poor son

AussieReg
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Tell ur FIL that because you DS was born with it and you are not of the Jewish faith you will be keeping your son just the way he was intended and that you will not risk the surgery. There have been cases of lopping off more than just foreskin and  I personally know of one boy where they did such a terrible removal that he now will have to undergo multiple surgeries to correct it! @# ##. Then say nicely but firmly you would like not to ever talk about it again!! Simple

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:40 AM
2 moms liked this
Tell him that a boy recently died after a circumcision. That'll shut him up
Lynette
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Aww they didn't have to cath for that :(

http://www.drmomma.org/2011/12/urine-samples-and-catheter-insertion.html

hugs, sorry your FIL is being such an ass.  

I have 3 intact sons and none of them have ever had a UTI or any other infection down there.

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Well, circumcision does dramatically reduce the chance of contracting UTIs. That's a fact
But it's still none of his business. If you feel uncomfortable telling him that, talk to your mil. Maybe she can get him to shut up.
Lynette
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:47 AM
6 moms liked this
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:02 AM
To get past the Valve to let out the urine since he couldn't himself

Quoting Anonymous:

Why did they do a cath and not the sticky thing they put round the penis? That's what they did for my intact son.

Your fil is an asshole and he's wrong.
eleechick
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:05 AM

i recently found out my son has a hypospadias ( meaning his pee whole is bigger then it should be and may cause problems down the road) and may need surgery on it. my son is also intact and that is why we did not find out untill now that he has a hypospadias. he is 19 months almost BTW. normaly they find out about these when they are younger and do surgery before they are a year. I also have a nephew that had one and has had surgery on his 2 times and needs a third. My son may need a circ if it is bad enough but i doubt it is that bad the dr said it was very minor and may not even need surgery. UTIs happen and if he is having his first one at three no need for a circ that would just be needless pain.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Ask you FIL why he is he is so interested in your DS penis

autodidact
by Snarknado on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:54 AM
10 moms liked this

mine aren't and never had either. and they didn't have unneccessary pain inflicted on them as newborns. your poor sons. 

Quoting Anonymous:

all my boys are circd and have never...... NEVER had an infection.  your poor son

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)