Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Fil told me tonight that my son needs surgery to "fix" his penis...........

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My son is intact. He also has his first and hopefully only bladder infection. Yesterday he had to have a cath done because he refused to go pee at the doctors office, so now he is a bit irritated down there. He was put on meds so hopefully with that and tons of fluids he will get rid of the pain and discomfort and be able to get rid of the infection. Now tonight fil took a look at my son and the first thing he said was that my son needs surgery. I told him, and the doctor my son saw yesterday that circumcision is out of the question (unless absolutly positively necessary). I would think that if there was an issue the doctor would have said something to me yesterday, or hell even the nurse that did the cath would have said something. I know that the only thing you are suppose the see is the peehole, which is all there is to see, and my ds has a good stream when he does go, so I am not concerned, but god my fil won't leave me alone about the care of my son. Thankfully my dh, mil, and the nurse are all on my side and stick up for me, but how I can get my fil to shut up with out shutting him out or making him feel bad because he is just trying to help, but its irritateing?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Replies (231-240):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 48 on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:22 PM
No not entirely. But my son has better chances at not getting infections because he's circ'd. And I find it kind of disturbing that you know the medical history of your BIL's and FIL's penises.

Quoting Anonymous:

With that being said, you should also be prepared for an infection, being circed doesn't make your son invisible to the risk of getting an Uti, bladder infection or even an std. My fil, bil and dh are all intact and have never had a problem little lone infection.

Quoting Anonymous:

My DS is circ'd and never had a bladder infection. Honestly, because you didn't circ then be prepared for more infections. Maybe your FIL has a point.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:15 PM

and I find it kind of disturbing that you keep using the fact your son is circed as an excuse, good for you, you chose to mutilate your kid.........I chose not to, and fyi bladder infections and uti's are treated pretty simply, with antibiotics, who knew??

Quoting Anonymous:

No not entirely. But my son has better chances at not getting infections because he's circ'd. And I find it kind of disturbing that you know the medical history of your BIL's and FIL's penises.

Quoting Anonymous:

With that being said, you should also be prepared for an infection, being circed doesn't make your son invisible to the risk of getting an Uti, bladder infection or even an std. My fil, bil and dh are all intact and have never had a problem little lone infection.

Quoting Anonymous:

My DS is circ'd and never had a bladder infection. Honestly, because you didn't circ then be prepared for more infections. Maybe your FIL has a point.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 48 on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Why don't you go tell your mutilation crap to every other Jew that's heard it. I wouldn't want to constantly have my child on antibiotics. Thanks.

Quoting Anonymous:

and I find it kind of disturbing that you keep using the fact your son is circed as an excuse, good for you, you chose to mutilate your kid.........I chose not to, and fyi bladder infections and uti's are treated pretty simply, with antibiotics, who knew??

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:50 PM

awww, my child isn't constantly on antibiotics but thanks for your concern.........and before you argue with me about mutilation look up the definition.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why don't you go tell your mutilation crap to every other Jew that's heard it. I wouldn't want to constantly have my child on antibiotics. Thanks.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 48 on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:01 PM
Are you seriously trying to argue? Did it sound that way? Have fun putting your kid on antibiotics throughout his life because of his penis. And if I were you I wouldn't be so quick to spout off that you know so much about your BIL's and FIL's penises. That's just weird and makes for awkward conversation. Find someone else to argue with. Smh

Quoting Anonymous:

awww, my child isn't constantly on antibiotics but thanks for your concern.........and before you argue with me about mutilation look up the definition.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

CarolynC71
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:13 AM

My son and daughter in law insisted that their son was NOT leaving the hospital without being circumsized. However Medicaid in our state doesn't cover it. They tried to come up with the cash but couldn't get enough money together. He is now 2 1/2 years old. About a year ago they asked the doctor about it. He said it would require major surgery to get it fixed since it wasn't done in the first few days of life. (Not exactly sure why but sounds kind of reasonable.) Anyway the cost for the surgery was in the thousands. They finally decided it wasn't as necessary as they thought. (And he is still on Medicaid so "insurance" won't cover it at least in our state.)

I would call your doctor and ask them about the cost of circumcision. Then you can let him know what the cost was and ask him if he plans to cover it since you don't have that kind of money. That will shut him up!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:12 AM

I think fil just worries too damn much. He hasn't said anything to me or dh about our son needing "fixed" since he had the uti, I had a check up with the doctor on Friday and my ds's infection is all cleared up, now I just need to schedule a ultrasound to make sure there was no damage to his kidneys or any underlying problems that caused the infection. I am just glad my ds is doing great now.

Quoting CarolynC71:

My son and daughter in law insisted that their son was NOT leaving the hospital without being circumsized. However Medicaid in our state doesn't cover it. They tried to come up with the cash but couldn't get enough money together. He is now 2 1/2 years old. About a year ago they asked the doctor about it. He said it would require major surgery to get it fixed since it wasn't done in the first few days of life. (Not exactly sure why but sounds kind of reasonable.) Anyway the cost for the surgery was in the thousands. They finally decided it wasn't as necessary as they thought. (And he is still on Medicaid so "insurance" won't cover it at least in our state.)

I would call your doctor and ask them about the cost of circumcision. Then you can let him know what the cost was and ask him if he plans to cover it since you don't have that kind of money. That will shut him up!

iParade
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:30 PM

You're silly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:40 PM

how far back did you dig before finding a post that struck you as interesting? lol.

Quoting iParade:

You're silly.

iParade
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:02 PM

I don't know, I didn't pay attention.  I don't look daily to see the comments, I don't even look weekly, I'm too busy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN