Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fil told me tonight that my son needs surgery to "fix" his penis...........

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My son is intact. He also has his first and hopefully only bladder infection. Yesterday he had to have a cath done because he refused to go pee at the doctors office, so now he is a bit irritated down there. He was put on meds so hopefully with that and tons of fluids he will get rid of the pain and discomfort and be able to get rid of the infection. Now tonight fil took a look at my son and the first thing he said was that my son needs surgery. I told him, and the doctor my son saw yesterday that circumcision is out of the question (unless absolutly positively necessary). I would think that if there was an issue the doctor would have said something to me yesterday, or hell even the nurse that did the cath would have said something. I know that the only thing you are suppose the see is the peehole, which is all there is to see, and my ds has a good stream when he does go, so I am not concerned, but god my fil won't leave me alone about the care of my son. Thankfully my dh, mil, and the nurse are all on my side and stick up for me, but how I can get my fil to shut up with out shutting him out or making him feel bad because he is just trying to help, but its irritateing?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Replies (41-50):
ladyraven16
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Why does everyone think its so weird that a grandfather saw hid grandsons penis? My mom and dad have both seen my boys penises any time something happened or looked off I asked them before I went to the doc because they have had boys.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tntmomof2
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:29 AM

So they say, but the fact still remains that those infections do not discriminate.....meaning circumcised boys also get them.

Quoting brebugmom91:

Anatomical factors in both sexes can cause urinary infections. Any anatomical problem that obstructs the flow of urine can make it easier for bacteria to become trapped, leading to a UTI. An enlarged prostate, for example, is the most common reason why men over the age of 50 get UTIs. An uncircumcised penis can also trap bacteria, leading to a UTI. Similarly, an abnormality in women called a vesicovaginal fistula that links the bladder directly to the vagina can provide an easy route for bacterial infections.

http://www.pdrhealth.com/diseases/urinary-tract-infection

Quoting tntmomof2:

UTIs and bladder infections don't discriminate. 

Quoting brebugmom91:

Yet another reason I will circumcise my son if I have one. 

Act like a lady, think like a man,so you don't get played like a bitch 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:30 AM
His pee hole may need to be stretched. Some little boys have to have that done
singlemom1208
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
He should mind his own penis
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Why did you let your fil look? Keep your son's privates exactly that private!!!! That's just weird. But you let him see it so mow just tell him if he can't respect the decisions you make for your child then he needs to stay away until he can control his comments. And he worries more because he's an only boy?? F that. Sounds like my fil except we have two girls and guess what I'm not having anymore, that's our decision, nut we always have to hear how a boy would be nice. Wtf appreciate the two healthy beautiful granddaughters you have or gtfo. (Sorry for my mini rant)

Quoting Anonymous:

My son will be three next month........it is weird but he want's to make sure my son is "ok" since he does have an infection. I think my fil is afraid something will go wrong with my son since out of 9 grandchildren my son is the only boy.

Quoting Anonymous:

How old is your son?  It feels weird to me that your fil is looking at his penis.  Am I the only one who doesn't know if their son has a "good stream" when they pee? 

CV3
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:07 AM

I dont let any one look at my kids penis. I dont even like when the doctor does it. I would never see any reason for my FIL to look at it and the fact that he wanted to would make me want to keep my son away from him unsupervised.

wissotamum
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:13 AM
He's you FIL. He probably has an opinion about which kind of bicycle he should get and whether he should be in hockey or baseball (or both). Just smile and tell him that you'll have to discuss it with his doctor. Then do what you, your hubby, and your doctor think is best.
virgochild79
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Well, with MY boys, circumcision was a must but since I don't worry about other peoples kids penises all I can say is that I hope your son gets better and doens't have to go through this again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:39 AM
I would ask him on what he is basing this professional opinion. There is absolutely no need to take a scalpel to a child's bits because they have an infection. We wouldn't remove a child's eye because they got pink eye.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Exactly, and there are plenty of intact children out there who've never had one. My son is 5 1/2, intact, and has never had a UTI.

Quoting tntmomof2:

So they say, but the fact still remains that those infections do not discriminate.....meaning circumcised boys also get them.

Quoting brebugmom91:

Anatomical factors in both sexes can cause urinary infections. Any anatomical problem that obstructs the flow of urine can make it easier for bacteria to become trapped, leading to a UTI. An enlarged prostate, for example, is the most common reason why men over the age of 50 get UTIs. An uncircumcised penis can also trap bacteria, leading to a UTI. Similarly, an abnormality in women called a vesicovaginal fistula that links the bladder directly to the vagina can provide an easy route for bacterial infections.

http://www.pdrhealth.com/diseases/urinary-tract-infection

Quoting tntmomof2:

UTIs and bladder infections don't discriminate. 

Quoting brebugmom91:

Yet another reason I will circumcise my son if I have one. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured