Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What will happen if I dont file my taxes this year?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

Serious question. We have to pay this year. Can we file this years taxes in conjuction with 2013's taxes?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:08 PM
I have no idea. I always get ours done as soon as possible so I don't forget about them and get us unto trouble. I hope someone can answer this for you.
SRUsarahSC
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:09 PM
2 moms liked this

if you don't file on time you get hit with tons of penalties and late fees and it will cost you even more.  If you owe more than you can pay at one time, get a payment plan in place. Also, make sure you get more taken out so you don't wind up owing next year (hopefully).

gigis1
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Some people seem to do that without getting noticed but idk how that would work... I never had to owe but next year I know we will ._. I rather play it safe and do them the time they're due on
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
luvmymunchkins3
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Have no ideas we just filed ours tonight.its so sad how much we paid this yr :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Thank you. I know that at 3 years of not filing is when they will start looking into getting you in trouble. We arent trying not to pay...we just dont have the few thousand we need and the last time we got on a payment plan it took us forever to get it paid off because of the interest. So we will not be doing a payment plan again.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have no idea. I always get ours done as soon as possible so I don't forget about them and get us unto trouble. I hope someone can answer this for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:14 PM

We got on a payment plan 2 years ago and it screwed us up. We will never do that again. I would rather pay what is owed plus fees with my return next year at once than get on a plan that will accumulate interest and screw us even more.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

if you don't file on time you get hit with tons of penalties and late fees and it will cost you even more.  If you owe more than you can pay at one time, get a payment plan in place. Also, make sure you get more taken out so you don't wind up owing next year (hopefully).

johnnys_mom6605
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:14 PM
My df was self employed for a year and because of me losing my job, we couldn't afford to pay that year. We filed the following year. He paid 10% penalties and the back money that was owed. He owed $6000 and our penalties were an additional $600.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Quoting gigis1:

Some people seem to do that without getting noticed but idk how that would work... I never had to owe but next year I know we will ._. I rather play it safe and do them the time they're due on
We would rather wait for next years return (my return) to cover what is owed rather than getting on a payment plan that will screw us over more.
gigis1
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Well then do whatever is best for your situation.. if it seems easier just pay it later

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting gigis1:

We would rather wait for next years return (my return) to cover what is owed rather than getting on a payment plan that will screw us over more.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Quoting johnnys_mom6605:

My df was self employed for a year and because of me losing my job, we couldn't afford to pay that year. We filed the following year. He paid 10% penalties and the back money that was owed. He owed $6000 and our penalties were an additional $600.
Makes sense. I would rather pay the penalties than the interest of being on a payment plan. Thank you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)