Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Afraid to go to sleep...

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:06 PM
  • 49 Replies
I had the most horrible nightmare last night. Right before I woke up, I was about to slit my throat. It wasn't me doing it, in my dream my house was haunted by demons and I got possesed by one and he tried to make me slit my own throat! Felt so real!! I woke up my heart beating 90 to nothing and sweating. Could not go back to sleep, was too afraid to. :(

And I have this weird thing that happens to me on occassion, it's kinda scary. Sometimes when I'm sleeping, I wake up but I'm really not awake. It feels like someone is on top of me holding me down and I can't open my eyes and I try to scream but can't, like I'm literally paralyzed. It'll last a few min and then it'll stop. This happened last night during my nightmare, right before I woke up. I've always wondered what it is and what causes it.

That's why I'm afraid to go to sleep. I don't want that happening again and I don't to have another nightmare. :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelbabies11
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Bump!
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Ugh. I feel ya.

I always have very vivid dreams & some of them are quite horrific. :\

I hope you can fall asleep & have a peaceful night's rest.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Pray for protection during your sleep.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:10 PM

& it sounds like sleep paralysis. I haven't had it but I've heard of others who have had it & it sounds quite terrifying

angelbabies11
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Awe, thank you so much! :)

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

Ugh. I feel ya.

I always have very vivid dreams & some of them are quite horrific. :\

I hope you can fall asleep & have a peaceful night's rest.

kansasmom1978
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Night terrors. I've had them and they totally suck
angelbabies11
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Hmm... off to google. Lol I do have a doc appt tues. May ask my doc about it. And yes, very terrifying!

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

& it sounds like sleep paralysis. I haven't had it but I've heard of others who have had it & it sounds quite terrifying

Toonkasmommy
by Challenger 💗 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Omg! I thought I was the only one! Some ppl call this a witch riding your back. It's absolutely terrifying!
smalltowngal
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:12 PM
It's called sleep paralysis. I use to experience it and I would always think someone was in the room with me and I couldn't move. It's very scary and much worse than a regular nightmare. :( Best thing is stay away from caffeine, alcohol and try and get plenty of sleep. Sleep issues happen with me when I'm overly tired or stressed.
SRUsarahSC
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:12 PM

I have those sometimes--vivid dreams where horrid things happens. I dreamt once I dropped my baby and as I was picking her up her eyes were filling with blood and she was totally limp.  I also woke up "frozen".  I usually get a glass of water and go back to bed eventually. Try reading a light book!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)