• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ferret chews baby's fingers off dad charged

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
Poor baby I knew they bite but ouch http://m.kspr.com/display/4569/story/bbdc9ed030a6adea96476b69c853a606
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Bump
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:13 PM

i didn't read the story b/c i don't think i could stomach it.  that poor baby.  

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this

bad link. But that is just awful! poor poor baby!

Bigmetalchicken
by Emerald Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Is this a different story from the one in LA?  Because I remember one in LA, and the ferret chewed the baby's toes off, and mom and dad tried to blame it on their pit bull puppy.

kappalopokis
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:17 PM
I have a ferret who's just wonderful with the kids. This story is so sad and so shocking!

My ferret loves the family! He steals our socks and hides them, sure. And he smells awful!
And he LOVES so cuddle or play with the kids.
I couldn't imagine him ever doing anything other than acting like a puppy. I guess with animals even, some personalities are different. My Dodger is the best pet I've ever had for my kids. And we all adore him!

So glad to have one of the good guys!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:19 PM
No this is recent. And in Missouri.

Go to kspr.com

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

Is this a different story from the one in LA?  Because I remember one in LA, and the ferret chewed the baby's toes off, and mom and dad tried to blame it on their pit bull puppy.

kzuehlk
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:20 PM
My ferret loved brightly colored socks and bouncy balls. We never left him alone with our kids when we had him because our kids were so young, but he loved climbing onto our bed and then taking a flying leap off the edge trying to make it into the bassinet to cuddle with our youngest.

Quoting kappalopokis:

I have a ferret who's just wonderful with the kids. This story is so sad and so shocking!

My ferret loves the family! He steals our socks and hides them, sure. And he smells awful!

I couldn't imagine him ever doing anything other than acting like a puppy. I guess with animals even, some personalities are different. My Dodger is the best pet I've ever had for my kids. And we all adore him!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Yeah I'm thinking they were neglected maybe starved but that's my guess

Quoting kappalopokis:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:24 PM
The baby was 4months old the dad was charged with child endangerment
AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Missouri dad admits to letting pet ferret chew off infant's fingers

3/9/13 4:31 PM

A Missouri man has pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor after a pet ferret gnawed off several of his infant son's fingers in 2011.

Ryan Waldo of Grain Valley has pleaded guilty to second-degree child endangerment in a plea deal.

His trial had been scheduled to start Monday on a charge of felony child endangerment.

Waldo and his wife, Carrie Waldo, were arrested in January 2011 after authorities found their ferret had chewed on their 4-month-old child's hands, leaving only two thumbs and part of a pinkie remaining.

A trial for Carrie Waldo, the child's mother, is scheduled for June.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)