• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So you had a rough childhood... (vent and advice needed... looooooong)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies

..and now you feel entitled to acting like a complete hooligan?

My lovely family is greatly varied. We've got doctors and nurses, to street rats and druggies in my family.

My cousin is 20 years old. She's been in and out of her parent's home since she was 16. They've sent her to rehab for drug use already when she was 17. She's ran away from home, been in abusive relationships, and pretty much done everything she can to ruin her own life yet still mooch off the family.

It pisses me off to see her strung out and still showing up to family gatherings. Drug use is not something I'm okay with. I understand addiction is something that is hard to cope with, but she is acting this way around her own young siblings then coming to family functions and exposing MY daughters to her trashy way of life. Its to the point that if I know she will be there, we don't go to the events. My cousin has been known to cause all sorts of scenes at these, even going so far as to having her druggy boyfriend show up to my child's birthday party and causing a fight where the police had to remove both of them.

I hate her. She's ruining her own life and trying to take everyone down with her. She blames her dad for walking out on her (he's a drug user even though when she ran away that's where she stayed), her mom for getting remarried, her step dad for having children with her mom, and the family for not stopping her parents from sending her to rehab, and society for shunning her cause she grew up in a "broken home". That's no excuse! My parents divorced when I was the same age as her. I had a bad childhood and I'm not running around blaming everyone but myself for my crappy life.

How can anyone get through to her before she ends up dead on a bathroom floor and breaks her mom's heart completely?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Bird16_J
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:34 PM

You can't. Unfortunately she has to hit rock bottom before she'll realize what she's done is wrong. At this point she just wants the pity and everybody to feel sorry for her. Until she hits that point that she's READY to change there's NOTHING you can do except keep her away from your children and HOPE she changes before she ends up dead. I'm sorry she's like that! :( I hope she willingly gets help soon before it kills her!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)