Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

7 year old Suspended for Pop Tart Gun????????????

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:41 PM
  • 14 Replies

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/national/Pop-Tart-gun-Josh-Welch-School-suspends-7-year-old-for-biting-Pop-Tart-into-shape-of-gun

Pop Tart gun, Josh Welch: School suspends 7-year-old for biting Pop Tart into shape of gun

welch_20130304164103_JPG

BALTIMORE - A 7-year-old Maryland boy has been suspended from school after biting his breakfast pastry into a shape that his teacher thought looked like a gun.

Josh Welch, a second-grader at Park Elementary School in Baltimore, said he was trying to nibble his strawberry Pop Tart into a mountain.

"It was already a rectangle and I just kept on biting it and biting it and tore off the top and it kinda looked like a gun but it wasn't," Josh said. "All I was trying to do was turn it into a mountain but it didn't look like a mountain really and it turned out to be a gun kinda."

But when his teacher saw what he had done, the boy says she got "pretty mad" and he knew he was "in big trouble."

Josh's dad was called by the school and informed that his son had been suspended for two days.

"I asked if was any one was hurt, they said 'No'," B.J. Welch said. "I would almost call it insanity. I mean with all the potential issues that could be dealt with at school -- real threats, bullies, whatever the issue is. It's a pastry."

The school sent home a letter with every

student informing parents that: "A student used food to make an inappropriate gesture."

Josh, who suffers from attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and enjoys art classes, said that his actions were innocent, according to a report in the Daily Mail .

Have you been sexually assualted? Been in a controlling relationship? Have you ever felt no one knows how you feel?  Well i do. Click on my siggy and join my support group! Hope to see you there!

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TattoodMommy19
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Saw on fb.

Ridiculous
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Uploaded with Imgupr
Eagle293
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:44 PM
I heard this. Sounds a bit stupid to me.
nursiepooLPN
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Why did they throw in his ADD? Always an excuse but this is completely ridiculous.

mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:48 PM

YOU are the reason i saw it!

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Saw on fb.

Ridiculous

Have you been sexually assualted? Been in a controlling relationship? Have you ever felt no one knows how you feel?  Well i do. Click on my siggy and join my support group! Hope to see you there!

TattoodMommy19
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:53 PM
I figured so. Lol

Quoting mommysangelface:

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Saw on fb.

Ridiculous

mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:55 PM

:P

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

I figured so. Lol

Quoting mommysangelface:

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Saw on fb.

Ridiculous

babie113
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this
That's stupid I doubt anyone was actually scared or damaged by a kid waving around a toaster pastry even gun shaped ....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Ok this is really dumb
moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Exactly!!!!!!! Just as bad as the principal who took a students homemade cupcakes away because the toy soldiers on the cupcakes were holding guns. SMH!!! I'm done!

Quoting Retrokitty:

Uploaded with Imgupr
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN