• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Family Doesn't Understand

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
I am hard of hearing. I have been most of my life. My hearing is getting worse. I lost almost all of the hearing in my right ear 2 weeks ago. (I am making an appointment with the ent to see if it will come back) My dh and kids know this. Yet they still insist on competing with the volume on the t.v and my closed captioning won't work on cable. My dh had the computer up really loud on some Damn game and wouldn't turn it down. So now I am in the bedroom. When he see's I'm gone he turns it down. I am so pissed off right now. I wish he could live a week like this.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-42-
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:00 AM
That's sad, mama.

Has he always been such a dick to you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:00 AM

I'm sorry.

Why won't closed captioning work on cable?  It works on mine.  I leave the words on a lot of the time because you can't understand what they are saying because the background music is so freaking loud (At least to me). 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:01 AM
I'm sorry,what?? I thought hard of hearing meant you couldn't hear very well.
So why would you care if stuff is turned up loud?
irvinehiker
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Sorry :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

Really?? I can't hear well so when there is background noise like the computer blaring it is impossible to hear what I want too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:03 AM
I was thinking rje same thibg

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Quoting -42-:

That's sad, mama.

Has he always been such a dick to you?

No that's why I am so pissed off. He is normally very considerate of me because of my hearing. I am going to bitch him out when the kids go to bed though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Quoting TranquilMind:

I'm sorry.

Why won't closed captioning work on cable?  It works on mine.  I leave the words on a lot of the time because you can't understand what they are saying because the background music is so freaking loud (At least to me). 

I don't know why and its really pissing me off!! It's an lcd so its not old. I don't get it. I am going to call the cable people on Monday. It's really annoying.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Oh. So you're trying to watch tv and he's got noise going on. Understandable, That's annoying for Anybody, so I can imagine.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Really?? I can't hear well so when there is background noise like the computer blaring it is impossible to hear what I want too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:49 AM
The sell headphones for people who are hard of hearing. I bought a pair for my grandfather. They are wireless. When he wants to watch TV or hear or he puts them on and adjusts the volume so he can hear. I agree your husband is being insensitive but with the headphones you could hear without disturbing others
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)