Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate it so badly.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
A dog lapping up water. The sounds is one of my biggest pet peeves. Odd but it gets to me every time. Anyone else here have really odd peeves?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
strangeyfine
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:51 AM

Are these peeves about anything, or specifically about pets? Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:52 AM
About anything, I should probably clarify.

Quoting strangeyfine:

Are these peeves about anything, or specifically about pets? Lol

strangeyfine
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:53 AM

I have to be a grammar nazi and I try really hard not to correct people, but my biggest pet peeve is when store signs say "15 items or less," instead of, "15 items or fewer." 

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I only hate that sound when it is actually two people kissing.  So nasty. You are not a saint bernard. Learn to keep that shit quiet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:55 AM
My neighborhood Vons has that exact wording that you hate. I don't think I've ever thought about it. Now I won't be able to ignore it. Thanks, haha.

Quoting strangeyfine:

I have to be a grammar nazi and I try really hard not to correct people, but my biggest pet peeve is when store signs say "15 items or less," instead of, "15 items or fewer." 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:57 AM
You mean humans voluntarily make that water lapping, grunting, over the top noise? I would never keep my mouth shut if I experienced that. I understand you completely!

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

I only hate that sound when it is actually two people kissing.  So nasty. You are not a saint bernard. Learn to keep that shit quiet.

lilfishbigocean
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I really cannot stand repetitive noises.
Doesn't matter what it is - if it's making the same sound over and over, and over - it'll drive me insane.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Like the whining of 504?

Quoting lilfishbigocean:

Doesn't matter what it is - if it's making the same sound over and over, and over - it'll drive me insane.

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:07 AM

Oh yeah. And I don't keep my mouth shut.  That is the problem.  I have a dear, dear, friend who is like a mother to me. She is always lamenting how she wishes we could all be a big family like we were when we (her kids, their friends, and I) were younger.  My husband finally asked me why it is that I avoid that issue.  I had to tell him that it has been ten years since I have seen her son and his idiot bride, but I don't think ten years is long enough to keep my mouth from getting me in trouble when they start making Bulldog trying to reach the last drop in the water bowl noises.  Like, I am fairly certain that I have grown up enough that I could keep from releasing a "Bless your sweet dumb heart", whenever her DIL says something stupid (everytime she opens her mouth), but I do not think I am mature enough yet to pretend that sound is not nausea inducing.

Quoting Anonymous:

You mean humans voluntarily make that water lapping, grunting, over the top noise? I would never keep my mouth shut if I experienced that. I understand you completely!

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

lilfishbigocean
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:08 AM

Nah, she doesn't bother me.
I don't really 'keep up' with it all.

But sounds like a faucet dripping, pens tapping, birds chirping, car alarms, etc.

Quoting Anonymous:

Like the whining of 504?

Quoting lilfishbigocean:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)