Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I want to be a foster mom

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
Dh and i have three wonderful kids and when they all get to a certain age i want to become a foster parent...dh kinda is off on about the idea...he doesnt know how he will feel towards kids that dont belong to him...we have a good few years to keep thinking about it...but i really hope when the time comes dh is on board....i would like to foster newborns to maybe the age of five...my reason..i once worked at a daycare that had alot of foster kids and i just seen how much love they were missing and it broke my heart...i'm gonna do as much research as i can on being a foster parent......anyone here a foster parent? Any tips or advise is welcome, thanks
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:09 AM
2 moms liked this

We plan on being fosters when our children are older and out of our house. We want to foster older children, who are getting close to aging out of the system.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this
My parents have been foster parents for 15 years. They have adopted 11 children. I know this is going to sound terrible but I wish they would have never adopted all those children. I wish they would have stopped at the original 6 they had. I feel my children get left out of a lot of grandparent time because they are so consumed with the little kids they have know. Please considered the long term effects on your biologic children. : /
MrsWhite101610
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:17 AM
This week I'm going to be going to court for temp custody and eventually may end up being a foster parent to this little girl. Her mother lives with my mom and is very unstable. Yesterday the child was admitted to the hospital because she turned blue and wasn't breathing while in her mother's care. This isn't what I chose but I feel God wants this for my family, there's no one else who can take her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this

good for you mama. i don't think i could ever foster. be too hard to see them go, ya know? i'd end up adopting everyone that came into my house lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2013 at 2:02 PM
I understand what you mean about the grandparent time...i will definetly take that into consideration when the time comes

Quoting Anonymous:

My parents have been foster parents for 15 years. They have adopted 11 children. I know this is going to sound terrible but I wish they would have never adopted all those children. I wish they would have stopped at the original 6 they had. I feel my children get left out of a lot of grandparent time because they are so consumed with the little kids they have know. Please considered the long term effects on your biologic children. : /
Nicole1357
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I am also thinking about fostering later on.  

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Mar. 10, 2013 at 2:06 PM

I want to become a foster parent but to kids that are the same age as my kids :) and always do temporary/emergency fostering to children under 5

LucyHourglass
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I would love to be a foster parent in the future once we are financially able... but I would probably just wind up adopting the kids lol

LucyHourglass
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this

right? I would too. then i'd end up with like 20 kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

good for you mama. i don't think i could ever foster. be too hard to see them go, ya know? i'd end up adopting everyone that came into my house lol

____________________________________________________________________________________

Non-vaccinating, breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, attachment parenting, anti-CIO,  crunchy momma of one happy little baby boy. :)

Pnukey
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Be sure your kids are on board with it too. If they are not, wait until they move out. There will always be kids who need a nice home. I say this because my parents fostered while I grew up. We (my sister, brother, and I) did not have a say. Bad things happened.  Please remember to put your kids first, always.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)