Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think he may have given me an STD *piog* **TEST RESULTS IN ORANGE**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 216 Replies
1 mom liked this

My fwb sleep together on a somewhat regular basis usually once or twice a week. Last time we had sex was the 3rd of March. Due to our work schedules lately we haven't had much time together. Anyways, a few days ago I noticed I was itching down there and burning a little. Yesterday it got to the point where I was scratching constantly. I think I may have a yeast infection. We use condoms every time we have sex but we have had a few ocassions where the condom busted. The last time before this was on the 21st of Feb. and the condom did bust according to him. On the 21st of Feb. when we got together after we finished and I went to clean up I noticed a red mucosy discharge but figured we went at it too rough?

IDK what I would do if he has given me an STD. I'm scared and worried. I need to go to the store to get something for this yeast infection but I don't get paid until later on in the week so it will have to wait until then. Is there anything I can try at home?

UPDATE : So I ended up buying a yeast infection kit but before using it I decided to Google my eyes out lol and it looks like it may be the STD Trich. I was talking to my friend about it because she has it before and she described the symptoms word for word as I am having them without me mentioning mine 1st. I have decided to go get tested for STD's. I will be going in on Friday hopefully. Will update with the results when I get them.

UPDATE 2:  He called me to talk Wednesday night.  We stayed on the phone for 20 minutes, I explained the situation to him and he swears up and down that he is not sleeping with anyone else at all. I told him that I was going to the doctors to get tested and if I came up positive for something then I would know he was lying. I want to trust him and believe him but the symptoms don't lie. It could just be a yeast infection for all I know. Guess I'll find out huh? He says he has no symptoms of itching, burning, leaking or discharge.  He says he knows everything is ok and I'm just scared for no reason. I hope he's right.

UPDATE 3: Just getting back home from the doctor's. They did a pap smear and also did bloodwork to check for clamydia, gonorrehea and HIV. I won't know know the results of the last 3 until the 1st week of April BUT.... I don't have an STD!!!!! :D YAY ME!! She said the pap smear results were negative for everything except a yeast infection and BV. I asked her if either of those were sexually transmitted and she said no. She wants to me to the Monistat 7 day for the yeast infection and she put me on an antibiotic to clear up the BV. Thanks ladies for all your answers and advice!

UPDATE 4: So I had my doctor's appt yesterday for the results of my bloodwork and everything was NEGATIVE!!! :D :D They tested for HIV, Syphillis and one other STD. Negative for everything so once again YAY ME!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
strangeyfine
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Mama you don't want to mess with STDs. Go get checked...even at planned parenthood if you don't have health insurance.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:25 AM

I agree with pp, get to a doctor ASAP!

lovemysnugbugs
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:26 AM
It might just be a yeast infection, but definitely get checked. Good luck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:36 PM

BUMP!

pbjtime87
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Ummm get tested... Does that seriously need to be advised? Even if the symptoms went away you should still get checked!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I plan on it but I honestly don't know of any STD's that would leave bumps on the clitoral hood, do you? I think its just a regular yeast infection.

Quoting pbjtime87:

Ummm get tested... Does that seriously need to be advised? Even if the symptoms went away you should still get checked!

pbjtime87
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Does it matter if you don't know exact symptoms to certain std's? It's something unnatural that causes you discomfort.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Just know that I wasn't trying to be smart lol I was asking a serious question. Yea its the itching that is causing me the most discomfort right now. I plan on getting a yeast infection kit soon and if it clears everything up, then I'll  have my answer.

Quoting pbjtime87:

Quoting Anonymous:

Does it matter if you don't know exact symptoms to certain std's? It's something unnatural that causes you discomfort.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:20 PM

BUMP!

Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:23 PM
2 moms liked this
Condoms shouldn't be breaking so frequently.

Tell him either change the brand, or buy his size.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN