Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why does every kid have something?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Is anyone's children normal anymore? Every post I open someone's kid has ADD,ODD,ASD,ADHD, POS(or whatever that is), OCD,PTSD(please tell me what trauma your 2year old went through that he is shell shocked) or some other type of "disorder". Are we really in an age where every kid has a title on them?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Replies (31-40):
AleaKat
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Nope. Both mine are normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Both my kids are 100% fine

That celiac thing is now becoming very popular now

I have a cousin who now claims her kid has it. Funny how non of her other ones do. Funny how when her mom got diagnosed with it, all of the sudden my cousins kid now has it too.

Another cousin has a kid that has peanut allergies
Funny how her kid was eating them for a half hr and got no reation.
She started to scratch at her kids skin saying see hes breaking out.

Ughhh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:37 AM

ptsd isn't just "shell shock" it's not the vietnam era.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Well ADHD is way over diagnosed because parents can't handle their kids acting like normal hyper kids! Now I'm not saying that all ADHD kids don't need the medication but there are way too many that Don't need it who do take it.... And as for the others, well, it's the same thing as how most adults have something. They really don't but pharmaceutical and insurance companies profit off of making people think they need those meds that really only make them sicker which makes them take more meds... It's a domino effect that is bad for us and good for them.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Not as long as you don't eat boxed foods and you are willing to actually cook whole foods.

Our grocery store went through and LABELED everything it the store with GLUTEN FREE labels, right next to the tag. They also have a large gluten free section. We only buy noodles and breads that are speciality items. It is becoming common, even in the last 4 years it has become more mainstream.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is it hard to find gluten free foods?

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Nope. Took 3 years to figure out what was wrong with her. She was so sick, for so long. =(

She is now 7 years old, gluten free for 4 years. So healthy and happy!

Quoting Anonymous:

Celiacs is no joke.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

My DD has Celiacs disease but other then that both of my children are perfectly healthy.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Anonymous

Well, I am sorry that my ADHD son is such a nuisance to you.............

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:38 AM
2 moms liked this
Do you really think a lot of us WANT something to be wrong with our kids? Id so anything to take away DS adhd and anxiety and let him be a "normal" kid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
I thing a lot of kids with adhd add are just normal kids being kids. I have a friend who says her 13 yo has adhd I have baby sat him since he was 7 and he's normal sure he's defiant at times but no more than most normal kids. He wasent that hyper either. I think his mom liked the label for some reason .but ofcourse I'm no Dr. But I've been around many true adhd kids and he's not like them.
AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

While my kids have none of those things, they are far from "normal" :-)

Anonymous
My kid wears glasses.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)