Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why does every kid have something?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Is anyone's children normal anymore? Every post I open someone's kid has ADD,ODD,ASD,ADHD, POS(or whatever that is), OCD,PTSD(please tell me what trauma your 2year old went through that he is shell shocked) or some other type of "disorder". Are we really in an age where every kid has a title on them?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:39 AM
True. So are there any foods that you like but are hard to find gluten free? Like cereal?

Quoting nursiepooLPN:

We are gluten free. It's not hard at all. Fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, eggs, dairy, meat, fish, poultry.....all contain no gluten.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is it hard to find gluten free foods?

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Nope. Took 3 years to figure out what was wrong with her. She was so sick, for so long. =(

She is now 7 years old, gluten free for 4 years. So healthy and happy!

Quoting Anonymous:

Celiacs is no joke.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

My DD has Celiacs disease but other then that both of my children are perfectly healthy.

bri2011
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Just be fortunate if you have healthy kids. Define 'normal' anyways. My six yr old non verbal autistic kid is healthly and normal. Theres more awareness today thanks to research which we can be grateful for. Awareness is a blessing not a curse.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lizardannie1966
1 mom liked this

I haven't read any other replies and I am hoping you've not been crucified too badly for referring to children with some sort of condition as not "normal."

While it does seem that we are in a world where so many young kids are afflicted by some sort of disorder or condition, I honestly feel this is because we've learned so much more than in decades past about specific medical issues and we're on a "now we know" basis.

IE...many of US probably had these issues but were never properly diagnosed and/or much was known back then.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is anyone's children normal anymore? Every post I open someone's kid has ADD,ODD,ASD,ADHD, POS(or whatever that is), OCD,PTSD(please tell me what trauma your 2year old went through that he is shell shocked) or some other type of "disorder". Are we really in an age where every kid has a title on them?

EvaTheDiva29

water, food, air.......nobody is normal anymore.

Pnukey
by Jenn on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:40 AM

It's a government conspiracy.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:41 AM

I have three kids one has Autism and one suffered a brain injury as the result of a vaccine injury, he has since recovered.  The Autistic one, well that's just the way it is.  Sorry if his diagnosis annoys you, I assure you it annoys me more!

redneckmama4
by Loree on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Not our four.
Lcherniske
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Pdd-nos (pervasive developmental delay- not otherwise specified)? Basically on the autism spectrum.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then what's that thing with the PO... so I can fix it?

Quoting Anonymous:

POS means piece of shit............

ProudMommy51006
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:41 AM
A mixture of awareness and over diagnosis
Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:41 AM

My youngest has some learning issues but I don't consider that special needs. He also has mild asthma. Other than that, my kids are fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)