Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

People who say they clean every part of their house every day EDITED for clarifcation

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 154 Replies

Either live in small houses/apartments or are lying.

Sure I could keep my house spotless when I lived in a two bedroom apartment, or even a small three bedroom home.  But now that we have a 4 bedroom, 3,000 sq ft home there is no way I could clean every part of the house every day and still have a life, like working outside the home or spending any time with the people I love.

Agree or Disagree?

Edit:

Ladies, calm down!  I'm not saying it's impossible to have a clean home.

I have a cleaning schedule and do certain things on certain days so my house stays company ready all of the time.  But I'm saying that I don't think it's possible for someone to do every single part of cleaning every single day when you have a larger home.  

Instead, I clean my bedroom and bathroom and very large walk in closet on Mondays, and the baby's room and guest bathroom and laundry room on Tuesdays, and the living room and kitchen and pantry on Wednesdays and the playroom and kids bathroom on Thursdays, kids bedrooms are on Saturdays or Sundays depending on the week because they clean their own rooms, and then I help with the deep cleaning parts they can't do like dusting the top shelves in their closets and cleaning light fixtures and ceiling fans and their curtains and rods and the top parts of their windows.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Agree! My house is 3500 sq. ft. And is very clean but it isn't spotless. I would never be able to do anything else!
Val99
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:26 PM

My home is 5500 sq ft just in the upper two floors, and it takes 6 hours to vacuum.  There is no way anyone would do that every day.  I don't expect my maid to do it every day.

Bianca008
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:26 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree , those that clean that much have a mental disorder. There's meds for that LOL. There is always something to clean does not mean it all gets done.

Autumn07
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:27 PM
5 moms liked this
I don't know but I took a nap this morning because my face still hurt from dental work and woke to my dh and 3 kids cleaning. yay teamwork!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
angevil53
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:28 PM
I don't believe it. I know a few who claim this kind of stuff and when i went to their homes it was far from the case.
ittyprincess604
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:28 PM
I live in a big apartment, two stories, but I certainly don't clean everything everyday. I've assigned different days of the week for different chores....Monday: bathroom Tuesday: laundry. Etc....
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:32 PM
We have a 3 bedroom Ranch and I don't clean but dh has ocd he wakes up at 5am to get me off to work for 6 then he cleans while the kids get ready for school until he goes to work at 9am. When he gets home at 5:30 he does the bathroom and re-cleans the kitchen after dinner. Then him and the kids clean their bedrooms before bed time.
The only room that doesn't get cleaned everyday is our bedroom but there's no reason to clean it everyday just make the bed.
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:33 PM
I live in a smallish apartment and agree. It just doesn't need to be cleaned every day. Kitchen, sure. But dusting the whole place, vacuuming every day, tubs, no. That's 1-3 times a week stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:34 PM
5 moms liked this

I don't understand why anyone would clean every single room of their house every single day. What a waste of time.

Josie_P
by Josie on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Idk. Maybe they have kids in school so they have the time? Our housekeeper has a specific list of what she does each day. I don't care that she left a couple dishes in the sink or didn't wash a load of clothes. I don't expect my house to be dead on spotless but she does a hell of a good job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured