Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When your siblings don't have kids.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

they treat their pets like babies. 

Right now my sister is outside teaching my son how to properly walk her ferret. Earlier she was telling my dd how she picks his clothes out.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:22 PM

bump

boshs1andonly
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:24 PM

I know someone who doesn't have a kid, so she treats her dog like a baby. Honestly, everyone is probably better off so whatever floats her boat

LiliM
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Okay. I did the same before kids. I still do because unlike my kids my pets do not continue to mature. They're still my babies. Just not like my kids are.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
chane_L
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:26 PM

everyone needs to have a sense of love be it given or gotten, if an animal is how it's done so be it. Allow the nutty it provides years of entertainment. 

mommytotwonow
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:27 PM

thats my sister lol. 

EAzizM
by Erica on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this
So what? It is their business. I know a few people who do that and it doesn't affect my life in any way.
Mrs.Velasquez
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:28 PM
So true. My brother and his fiancé don't have kids. (They've been together 13-14years) they treat their dog Brooklyn like a kid. She's cute, but seriously stay off the furniture.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:28 PM

My sister is like that.  1 year for Christmas I got my parents a digital picture frame with pictures of the kids.  My sister thought there should have been pictures of her cats on there because they are my parents grandchildren also.  She's the only one who thinks that.  smh

kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Ill never understand that! Lol animals are animals to me lol. I know a few people like that though. Don't get me wrong I love my dog but not like a baby
cbell918
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:31 PM
My Dad and his wife had a dog (who unfortunately passed away) that they treated like royalty lol if they drove somewhere with the dog, one of them would sit in the back seat just so the dog could sit up front. I think a pet just becomes part of the family and its hard not to spoil them like you spoil your children :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN