Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They say marriages and funerals bring out the worst on people.

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:25 PM
  • 22 Replies
What is the most horrible thing you've witnessed at a funeral or a wedding???
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2KIL
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:26 PM
*in people* OOPS!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Funeral, families fighting over who gets what. At the actual funeral D:

VannaMae307
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:27 PM

My sister got drunk at her wedding. She was such a hot sloppy mess, I was so embarrassed for my parents.

Also, the DJ she hired (her friend's husband) wouldn't play a song my DAD requested, until it was requested multiple times. he wanted "Sweet child of mine" played so he could dance with the BRIDE and the DJ didn't even do it right away. Such a douche move.

NotAMuggle
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:28 PM

At my aunt's funeral, her side of the family used her maiden name in the program instead of her married name. and, to add insult to injury, they added her EX Husband's name into it in parenthesis.

They had nothing to do with her until she died. Then they wanted to plan the funeral and take credit for being by her side

I guess if calling social services and having her husband thrown in jail means being by her side, then they did it right >=/

Tigress22304
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:29 PM

my father's funeral ( just turned 10)

there was a catfight between his mother/my mother/my grandmother and my father's ex wife all because I showed up.

My dad's mother refuses to acknowledge my existance-and his ex wife went batty when she saw me-saying I was her daughter (she refused to have children with my father by secretly taking birthcontrol-and ran off on him with another man)

but damn ppls are crazzzzzzzzzzzzy

rollin3kidsdeep
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:29 PM
My uncle get nervous in the fam car at my grandpas funeral so he kept farting. Omg. It was awful. He couldn't help it. Always happens when he gets nervous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gemikris82
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:30 PM

its not horrible, but its kinda funny.  we put the FUN in funeral.  during my greatgrandmothers service the priest was talking.  we werent THAT close to her. but some of my second cousins were and they were bawling.  in the middle of the service, my dad dosed off and started to snore over the priest so we had to nudge him and wake him up lol.  then my cousin whio was maybe 2 if that at the time kept on saying (open casket) grammas in the cribby sleeping.  and he was just getting louder and louder and kept on repeating why is gramma in a cribby?

AustinRonMommy
by Nickhole on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:32 PM

At my wedding, my mom showed up late, which I understood. Well, my dad obviously didn't. They are divorced and have been for a long time. He came to my room, where my mom was getting dressed and yelled at my mom, telling her that he couldn't believe she was late and all kinds of shit. Then when she told him it was because her SO had hit her the night before and she had spent the night somewhere else and then had to go out and buy the stuff for my bouquet all over again, he said well that's your fault....he made her cry. I don't get it because my dad is the type of man who believes that you never put your hand on a woman and that you never ever blame it on the woman... 

AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:37 PM

at my sisters' double wedding, my dad decided it would be a good idea to feed my (then) seven month old red velvet cake. and then someone handed her to my brother's girlfriend, whom i loathe with a passion.

i'm extremely proud of myself for not throwing a fit at either event. i throw fits of the grandest sort. i'm not a drama queen, i'm a mother fucking drama empress.

this is also the reason i eloped. even then, my mil tried to take over.

JanineDeer
by Janine on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this

drunks puking drunks being usual drunk asshole stuff.

moral of the story- drunk? You become an asshole.   I learned this way to never get drunk.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured