Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stringy Hair

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 6:57 PM
  • 8 Replies
My Dd has super stringy hair. Is there anything I can do to make it less stringy. Obviously this isn't a life or death issue. But an hour or so after washing and brushing it looks like it hasn't been brushed in days...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
bayliesmommy
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Blow dry it.
mrs.pina
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Try using alil baby oil so the frizz can stay down . My 3 yr old has the same problem, and i put baby oil on her hair . I do it right after she gets out of the shower.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlekD
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Leave-in conditioner (or a spray bottle with water and conditioner)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this

It sounds weird , mix half cup of plain yogurt with two tbsp of olive oil,use it as hair/hair mask for 15 mins then wash hair with a shampoo, yogurt will help hair to be soft and manageable olive oil is good for hair and scalp, I still use for myself all my life and for dd, she has really soft hair . If you prefer you can mix coconut oil ( buy from Asian or Indian grocery store) almond oil castor oil and olive oil mix equal part of these oil in a bottle use it once a week for a couple of hrs then shampoo.

bayliesmommy
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:34 PM
I have heard so much about coconut oil. I am going to have to get it and try it for my frizzy too!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

It sounds weird , mix half cup of plain yogurt with two tbsp of olive oil,use it as hair/hair mask for 15 mins then wash hair with a shampoo, yogurt will help hair to be soft and manageable olive oil is good for hair and scalp, I still use for myself all my life and for dd, she has really soft hair . If you prefer you can mix coconut oil ( buy from Asian or Indian grocery store) almond oil castor oil and olive oil mix equal part of these oil in a bottle use it once a week for a couple of hrs then shampoo.

bayliesmommy
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:35 PM
We use leave in conditioner! But it's kids maybe adults would work better.

Quoting AlekD:

Leave-in conditioner (or a spray bottle with water and conditioner)
bayliesmommy
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Thanks. But I'm not a fan of using heat on her hair just yet...

Quoting Anonymous:

Blow dry it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)