Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you had trouble buying Christmas gifts last year....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
8 moms liked this

Just an FYI to those who post on here, facebook, everywhere else that they don't have money to buy thier children Christmas gifts.... Christmas is December 25, 2013 this year. Maybe you should start saving a few bucks a week NOW so you don't have to bitch about having no money for Christmas gifts in December. 

This is one of my biggest pet peeves... I understand that cars break down out of nowhere, furnaces quit working and stoves catch fire - along with a ton of other unexpected issues that occur and you might not have the money sitting there waiting to fix it - BUT, birthdays - Christmas - etc etc... those dates don't change! Come on people - save a few bucks a week for goodness sake and give your child a stressfree month where they don't have to hear about you saying your too broke to buy them a darn barbie!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:22 PM
2 moms liked this

Yep and the same people who get a huge refund dont have any of it left in December for Christmas gifts.Also,kids dont need a ton of gifts esp when they get a bunch  from extended family too.How much does one need??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:23 PM

It's a never ending thing. Plus, how would scammers get anyone to buy them stuff without an awesome sob story?

MrsRinehart2010
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:23 PM
4 moms liked this

you do realize some people dont have money tosave right?  some peoples money goes to bills ect anothing more?

I mean weve always made sure christmas has happend for our kids but some times its just not possible

jcpeters0320
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:23 PM
I always use layaway. But I know what you mean.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
numonestunar
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Save your refund or buy them now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harehelper
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:25 PM

We use a big portion of our tax refund to pay our property taxes.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yep and the same people who get a huge refund dont have any of it left in December for Christmas gifts.

luckythreemom
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Lol!
AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this
A couple years ago, I had the worst time at Christmas. My family had been doing fine until everything hit all at once.

I agree to an extent OP, but there are cases where people get bitch slapped with seriously shitty curve balls.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LoveTragedyFun
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Agreed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry, but no - I don't believe that. 
A dollar a week going into an envelope to get your kid a gift for Christmas - EVERYONE can do that. Those who say they can't are lying.
Cell phone, cable package, less driving to save on gas, cut a few coupons, give up pop, stop smoking, don't eat out at all, sell something that's just laying around your house on craigslist, pick up an easy side job, start unplugging items that aren't being used to save on electricity, and the list can go on and on and on and on.....
Everyone CAN save.... most choose not to.  

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

you do realize some people dont have money tosave right?  some peoples money goes to bills ect anothing more?

I mean weve always made sure christmas has happend for our kids but some times its just not possible

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)