Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stupid lady. Leash your dog

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
I have a large dog. He is super friendly but doesn't realize his strength. He is also not crazy about small dogs or barking dogs. So we were waking and a lady had her chihuahua off leash. Her dog ran up to my boy and was jumping and barking at him. I had to sit on my dog to keep him calm. This lady took her damn time picking up her dog and then yelled at me. Said I needed to train my dog. Her dog obviously wasn't trained enough to be off leash. I had my boy on a leash.

Then my dog was a butt head the rest of the walk.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:22 PM
What was he doing that made it essential to sit on him? Sounds like he needs some extra training too.
Schleetle
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:25 PM
The small dog owners here are a bunch of PITAs... Well most of them. They (around here) seem to think that if their dog is under 15lbs they can let them roam around unleashed. The other day I was walking my dog, and this lady would not go away with her small dog yapping constantly a few feet behind us. Really if you can't keep your dog from barking like crazy why insist on walking right behind someone else?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nataliesmom2012
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:26 PM

I took ym pit for a walk down the beach by my house once and two black labs attacked her and she broke her collar trying to run away from them. She got beat up pretty badly. I had her on a leash and the labs weren't. Needless to say, just because my dog was a pit, I was the one getting cursed at by people passing by on the boardwalk because she broke free of her collar. I actually had to carry her back to the car because she was limping so badly. People are just judgemental because of sizes and breeds.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:30 PM
Like I said. He is big. He doesn't realize he is big. He doesn't like little barking dogs. They make him nervous and he wants them to stop. So in order to calm him down and get him to not freak on the dog I basically sat on him. Also I was keeping the other dog from getting in his face.

Quoting Anonymous:

What was he doing that made it essential to sit on him? Sounds like he needs some extra training too.

illinoismommy83
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:32 PM

The law says if your dog is leashed and her dog is not, anything that happens is her fault. I would have stood there and looked bored with a firm grip on my leash.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:32 PM
My boy is an Alaskan malamute. He is a great dog. Just not find of little dogs. Which is why he walks on leash and harness.

Quoting nataliesmom2012:

I took ym pit for a walk down the beach by my house once and two black labs attacked her and she broke her collar trying to run away from them. She got beat up pretty badly. I had her on a leash and the labs weren't. Needless to say, just because my dog was a pit, I was the one getting cursed at by people passing by on the boardwalk because she broke free of her collar. I actually had to carry her back to the car because she was limping so badly. People are just judgemental because of sizes and breeds.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Yeah. I don't want to be responsible for an animals death and I would have felt bad.

Quoting illinoismommy83:

The law says if your dog is leashed and her dog is not, anything that happens is her fault. I would have stood there and looked bored with a firm grip on my leash.

lilmama2be
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Yea....people here don't actually watch their small dogs... I was at a pet store here checking out, and had my Pit mix with me (he hated small dogs). The lady behind me kept letting her little fluffy dog get closer and closer, and I just shortened my dogs leash more and more. I turned to grab my change and sure as shit the litte dog got within a foot of my dog, and mine bit it. No injuies, which was good, but the looks I got from people were just horrible. My (large) dog, was on a prong collar right next to my side on a short leash. Hers was on a flexy-leash, being allowed to go wherever it wanted while she gabbed to her friend. Ridiculous.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)