Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you self identify as American (from the USA)

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you self identify as American (from the USA)?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 144

View Results

This is somewhat of a spin-off.  On another thread someone said 90% of posters are American (as in from the USA).  I wonder if this is true

by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Replies (21-30):
misskriss10
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Yes, I identify myself as an American. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Technically, anyone from any of the Americas (North, central and south) is American. No idea when or how it became that only people from the US are Americans. *shrugs*

Quoting kmugs:

Yeah - I am hoping no one from Canada, Mexico, etc clicks yes as they are "North American."  Odd but I have heard of it.  

See, I am from Canada, so I am from North America, but am not American.  American = from the USA for me.  I better clarify the OP.

Quoting mom2four1978:

I mostly identify as Texan. But since I live in North America I can identify as American as well.

kmugs
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Maine is purty.  I have heard that Canada allows dual citizenship but the USA does not.  Is this true?  Are you allowed our health care and stuff (I can share!) or do you have to live here and pay taxes for it?

Quoting KristenFowles:

Yup.  Born in America... I have dual citizenship with Canada though due to my grandfather being Canadian..  I live in Maine.

mama.samm.2.3
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:36 PM
I was born and raised in the USA. But I have a mixed background.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Sunshine
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:36 PM

I was born in the United States of America, so I'd say yes. I identify myself as an American. What else would I call myself?

tarakay0417
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Yes. I was born and raised in USA so I am an American.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sekirei
by LoKitty on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:37 PM

American who hates the state of texas

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Other, I'm a naturalized citizen. I am American now and I have lived here over a decade but I am not from America originally.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Way to not include all the races...er...species? I'm not an alien but not human either....hmm.  Plutonian?

Quoting kmugs:

See....I thought of putting an other in.....

Quoting Anonymous:

No, I'm from Pluto. When it got demoted they kicked us out. It was either Mars or Earth. I wish I had picked Mars.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:38 PM

LOL!LOL!LOL!

Ya, it's clear you're Texan! Open up a map, honey. Which country do you reside in?

Quoting mom2four1978:

I mostly identify as Texan. But since I live in North America I can identify as American as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured