Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you self identify as American (from the USA)

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you self identify as American (from the USA)?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 144

View Results

This is somewhat of a spin-off.  On another thread someone said 90% of posters are American (as in from the USA).  I wonder if this is true

by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Replies (31-40):
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Im in the states...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kmugs
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:39 PM

There is nothing else to call them.  

Canada=Canadian

Mexico=mexican

Unites States of American=  ?????United Statesian?  United States of American?  They just don't roll of the tongue.  I could be annoyed they co-opted the word, but I have way better things to do with my time, lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Technically, anyone from any of the Americas (North, central and south) is American. No idea when or how it became that only people from the US are Americans. *shrugs*

Quoting kmugs:

Yeah - I am hoping no one from Canada, Mexico, etc clicks yes as they are "North American."  Odd but I have heard of it.  

See, I am from Canada, so I am from North America, but am not American.  American = from the USA for me.  I better clarify the OP.

Quoting mom2four1978:

I mostly identify as Texan. But since I live in North America I can identify as American as well.

RhiannonMare
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Born and raised!

colins_mom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:40 PM
I didnt say identifies as american I said ARE IN AMERICA. there is a difference. one means residency one means affiliation.
Ayla-bellesmom
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Nope. Born and raised in Canada and I love it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:42 PM

When you guys decided to call yourselves the United States of America, the rest of the North, Central and South Americans stopped considering themselves American.

Quoting Anonymous:

Technically, anyone from any of the Americas (North, central and south) is American. No idea when or how it became that only people from the US are Americans. *shrugs*

Quoting kmugs:

Yeah - I am hoping no one from Canada, Mexico, etc clicks yes as they are "North American."  Odd but I have heard of it.  

See, I am from Canada, so I am from North America, but am not American.  American = from the USA for me.  I better clarify the OP.

Quoting mom2four1978:

I mostly identify as Texan. But since I live in North America I can identify as American as well.

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:42 PM

i've heard that too!!!   You know what, I don't know if I am allowed Canadian health care!  ... I should look into it!  I've never thought to.. I have a feeling I'd have to live in Canada.. I've been trying to talk my DH into moving to Canada for YEARS.. One day I think I'll convince him ;) 

Quoting kmugs:

Maine is purty.  I have heard that Canada allows dual citizenship but the USA does not.  Is this true?  Are you allowed our health care and stuff (I can share!) or do you have to live here and pay taxes for it?

Quoting KristenFowles:

Yup.  Born in America... I have dual citizenship with Canada though due to my grandfather being Canadian..  I live in Maine.

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

kmugs
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:42 PM

That would make a really long poll.

I am sad your place of origin is no longer a planet.  You made a good pick with earth -we are warmer and have better "atmosphere" than Mars.

Quoting Anonymous:

Way to not include all the races...er...species? I'm not an alien but not human either....hmm.  Plutonian?

Quoting kmugs:

See....I thought of putting an other in.....

Quoting Anonymous:

No, I'm from Pluto. When it got demoted they kicked us out. It was either Mars or Earth. I wish I had picked Mars.

harehelper
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:44 PM

From the results of your poll, I would say it's true.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:44 PM

It's nice on Earth I guess but the people are so hostile. Pluto was a peaceful place where everybody just left each other the fuck alone.

Quoting kmugs:

That would make a really long poll.

I am sad your place of origin is no longer a planet.  You made a good pick with earth -we are warmer and have better "atmosphere" than Mars.

Quoting Anonymous:

Way to not include all the races...er...species? I'm not an alien but not human either....hmm.  Plutonian?

Quoting kmugs:

See....I thought of putting an other in.....

Quoting Anonymous:

No, I'm from Pluto. When it got demoted they kicked us out. It was either Mars or Earth. I wish I had picked Mars.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN