Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Calling all single moms...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies
2 moms liked this
How do you do it?
I'm about to leave my husband and ill be a single mom of 1 until October when I have my 2nd baby. I don't want to put him in daycare so I was thinking about babysitting in my apartment.
Dh asked if he can have ds overnight sometimes, idk how I feel about that. Right now ds nurses to sleep and really relies on me, I've never gone more than a couple hours without him and that's during church!!
I just don't know how I'm gonna do it but I know I have to, for the well being of myself and my kids.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Im in the same boat. I'm about to be a single mom, our divorce will be final soon and I don't know how im going to do it. I guess I'll have to pay child care to keep the baby, take them both to day care in the morning, then have them drop and pick up my kid from school. I don't know, I have no family that can help me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:56 PM
See I have family here but they won't help me. :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Im in the same boat. I'm about to be a single mom, our divorce will be final soon and I don't know how im going to do it. I guess I'll have to pay child care to keep the baby, take them both to day care in the morning, then have them drop and pick up my kid from school. I don't know, I have no family that can help me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:58 PM

same with me. I have family in my town, but they have their own lives and feel as though because I'm grown, I should never need help from them. I'm doing this all alone. Pretty much have to take my 3 kids and start from scratch.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

sthflachk
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:00 PM
I've always done it so I can't tell you how to transition. I took my dd to daycare from 8/830 until 5/530 for the first 2.5 years of her life. I've been able to cut those hours to 9-230. You two should join Single Moms group.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:07 PM
My mom and dad don't have room or money to help, same with my brother. The only sister I talk to lives 2 hours away but doesn't have anything, either. :-/ I am getting some money from student loans at the end of the month so I figured I'd use that to get a place and pay a couple months rent and get diapers until I can figure everything out.

Quoting Anonymous:

same with me. I have family in my town, but they have their own lives and feel as though because I'm grown, I should never need help from them. I'm doing this all alone. Pretty much have to take my 3 kids and start from scratch.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:08 PM

for me I am getting $1600 monthly in CS. I'll be living here with him until after the divorce is final until I can get a job. I'm just worried about how long it will take to find one. Ive been sending out 50 apps per week.

Quoting Anonymous:

My mom and dad don't have room or money to help, same with my brother. The only sister I talk to lives 2 hours away but doesn't have anything, either. :-/ I am getting some money from student loans at the end of the month so I figured I'd use that to get a place and pay a couple months rent and get diapers until I can figure everything out.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:09 PM
I'm terrified of day cares :(

Quoting sthflachk:

I've always done it so I can't tell you how to transition. I took my dd to daycare from 8/830 until 5/530 for the first 2.5 years of her life. I've been able to cut those hours to 9-230. You two should join Single Moms group.

Pink.Sunshine
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Have you joined the Single Moms groups? There a bunch of nice ladies with great advice. I know if you go through some of their older posts many many ladies before you thought they couldn't do it and have.

..A5HL3Y..
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:10 PM
You just do it...

My kids dad left and I became a single mom... Been 3 years now. They're now 6&4. Luckily I have an amazing bf who is also a single parent (9yo Ds) so I don't feel so alone.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:10 PM
I'm sure ill get cs if I ask for it. I just don't know how much it would be, nowhere near what I'd need for rent, much less food, diapers, wipes, etc.

Quoting Anonymous:

for me I am getting $1600 monthly in CS. I'll be living here with him until after the divorce is final until I can get a job. I'm just worried about how long it will take to find one. Ive been sending out 50 apps per week.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)