Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am a little bit confused

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 85 Replies

I've been seeing a lot of news articles and TV news stories about little kids waxing, and salons offering 12yo's brazillians, (In Australia - I know it's old news here) All the mothers are saying that their kids wouldn't be able to do that because the mothers just wouldn't drive them. One of the television presenters was genuienly confused at what would stop the girl from doing it with a razor when they were supposed to be shaving their legs. I was wondering, besides open communication about why people shave their downstairs, how do you plan on stopping/finding out if your DD is shaving somewhere where she's not supposed to?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:23 PM

to be honest at 12 they most likely dont even need to be shaving their legs yet!!  but even if they shave their legs,  that does not mean they have pubic hair!!   also,  I would show my DD how to shave her legs but would never even mention about "down there"  so she should not really even know about it.  thats just me though.  and I doubt the girls would talk about shaving much at that age either..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:27 PM
6 moms liked this
I don't plan on stopping or finding out if they ever shave down there.... That's their business as far as i'm concerned.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Depends. My neices are spanish and they had extremely hairy legs, underarms and backs at 9 1/2. So they had to shave early. I wouldn't mention it either, but apparently around here there are twelve yo's giving head, having sex, so God knows what the kids would be mentioning for her to try :(

Quoting Anonymous:

to be honest at 12 they most likely dont even need to be shaving their legs yet!!  but even if they shave their legs,  that does not mean they have pubic hair!!   also,  I would show my DD how to shave her legs but would never even mention about "down there"  so she should not really even know about it.  thats just me though.  and I doubt the girls would talk about shaving much at that age either..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:29 PM
There were some girls in junior high who would have benefited from shaving down there before being seen in a bikini. I've never thought about that for my girls.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Honestly, if it was mine and I noticed (not that I would want to at all) I would ask why, (cause to be perfectly honest I don't want a sexually active 13yo and I know that's the main reason people shave down there) but I can't see myself actively trying to find out or stopping them from doing it. I would make sure they were doing it safely though.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't plan on stopping or finding out if they ever shave down there.... That's their business as far as i'm concerned.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:30 PM

yeah, good point!!  my DD is 9 and no where near needing to shave her legs or ANYTHING lol.  but it will not be something I will be mentioning any time soon!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Depends. My neices are spanish and they had extremely hairy legs, underarms and backs at 9 1/2. So they had to shave early. I wouldn't mention it either, but apparently around here there are twelve yo's giving head, having sex, so God knows what the kids would be mentioning for her to try :(

Quoting Anonymous:

mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:30 PM

If I had a daughter it would be fine for her to shave anything but her eyebrows!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Yep. I told  mine that if she didn't feel ready to trim/take care of down there then she couldn't wear her bikini's without shorts over them. She decided instead to wear one of those dress swimmers.

Quoting Anonymous:

There were some girls in junior high who would have benefited from shaving down there before being seen in a bikini. I've never thought about that for my girls.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Yep. I am however trying to find a way to MAKE my eldest wax her eyebrows. It's gotten horrendous

Quoting mysticalmalissa:

If I had a daughter it would be fine for her to shave anything but her eyebrows!

slm047
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:33 PM
4 moms liked this
I had hair ( including pubic ) at age 12. My mom gave advice about shaving my vagina & I appreciated that. As she says " it's not cute to have that shit growing up the side of your leg ". I see nothing wrong with moms teaching their daughter's on how to be women. Who else is suppose to?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN