Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If your DH/SO pays child support...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
How much does he pay weekly?
DH pays $105 weekly, for one child.

I'm just curious how much other people pay...if you don't want to answer or think it's none of my business, feel free to move on :)
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Replies (201-205):
DannieLou
by Mockingjay on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Thanks. We have documented things and it hasn't made any difference yet. The county we live in, in our state, is very MOM leaning. He had a crap lawyer the first round, but there is a new judge, so who knows. Unfortunately, we're also dealing with getting rights stripped from my oldest's bio dad. That's a whole other story, but she is petrified that something will happen to me and she'll be forced to go live with him. Have to finance one battle at a time, KWIM?

I wish ALL parents could just be civil and do the best by the kids. They've been separated for over 4 yrs and divorced for more than 3, you'd think the bitterness would have died down by now.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am sorry shes such a nightmare, I hate parents like that. I do not think I will ever understand a mom esp making the child suffer just to get at the dad. Doesn't make sense to me at all.

Have you guys considered going after full custody ?
I would document everything, When she sends him outside with no coat on have the camera with a date stamp on it, ready to go & get a picture of him, or video tape it. If anything maybe she will get the hint & start putting a coat on him

I hope it gets better for you guys & the kiddo.

Quoting DannieLou:

Interesting. I just find it irritating as hell that she agreed to the overnight bag and providing things, then doesn't follow it. Then she nit picks him all to hell if he forgets some idiotic detail of the order. FFS, the woman sends him outside with no coat on if it hit a cold snap since DH had him last just so we can't have "her" coat. She's a nightmare.

It's common for the people I know to send overnight bags, special occasion clothing is on your own.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have always made more than he does, & still get that amount.

I do not pack weekend bags for him either, Its his dads responsibly to take care of him 100% when he is with him. Should I say when he gets him which is rare. I have to when he is with me. he is also ordered to have health insurance on him, but my insurance is better so he has to pay 65% of everything relating to medical cost. & I get to claim him on my taxes.

My sister in law is the same way, it is in her court order that he provides for her 100% when my niece is at his home.

Everyone I know gets at least 350.00 a month, unless they do the 50/ 50 custody.

Quoting DannieLou:

If she makes more, she's responsible for more of the total cost of a child. (This is going by the worksheet for MO that they use in every order) If she makes 70% of the total income betweeb 2 parents, then she is responsible for 70% of what the court deems its costs to raise said child.

I was personally awarded $226 for one child and $427 for two other children. So, seems very high to me.

The difference between 2 and 16 is simple inflation, nothing to do with their age. BM doesn't pay for 40 hrs a week daycare anymore, so the total cost has decreased. That's why we're going for a re-evaluation. DSS's standard of living at our house is suffering. That and she refuses to pack a wknd bag that's stated in the court order, so we have the added expense of buying him clothes, a second coat, a second lunch bag, a second set of shoes...you get the picture.

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually its not that high for MO, the normal here in MO is 350.00 a month per child. & From what I understand it does not matter if she makes more. & the older they get the more she will get.

My son was getting 108.00 a month at age 2, & he is now 16 & gets 480.00 a month & his dad does not make crap & has 5 kids to support...

Quoting Anonymous:

$200/bi-monthly for one child, so $400/month. We live in mid-missouri, so that's high for our area. We're getting it re-evaluated because he no longer goes to day care all day. This amount was figured with that expense when he was 3. She makes twice as much as DH does, so DS has never lost his "standard of living".

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 62 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:28 PM
1000 a month for one child. still debating asking for cs for my other child as it would financially ruin him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 63 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:29 PM
$287 a month for two kids the ex won't let him see. Go figure, a great father can't see his kids but still pays every month with hopes she'll see the light and let his kids back into his life.
soy_latte
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:30 PM
My ex pays me $1,200. My DF pays his son's mom $250 until we go back to court because he basically lives with us now but we need to get a new order.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 64 on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Suppsed to be getting over 679. That is 582 plus 97 in back pay. 1st oayment was due in December. Haven't seen a dime or heard a damn thing since. I cut him a break for almost 4yrs before going to court for it. Had enough of him telling me to "fuck off and do it myself" then being mad that I dnt send my child to his crackhouse for visits.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN