Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you work retail-

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Come tell me your craziest stories!!! I need a good laugh.

I work in a bank, and got cussed UP AND DOWN today for printing a cashiers check for someone and taking the carbon paper out of the middle and throwing it away. She called me a thief, told everyone I stole HER carbon paper. Asked me 300 times WHY I threw it away. (Because its useless. I printed your memo for you, there was nothing left to write on it) "But I want to know WHY you thought you could throw away MY carbon paper?!?!"

So please. Cheer me up. Please.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Replies (11-20):
Megara
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I have some awful ones from the four years I sold wedding gowns, but since it's been almost 6 years they are thankfully a distant memory!

There was one bride whose fiance was way way way too opinionated about the dresses.  He wanted final say over the bride's and bridesmaids' dresses, and he vetoed all v-neck halters.  He was odd.

One bride presented herself as Miss Christianity, she said she had two daughters named Faith and Hope and wanted a third so she could name her Charity.  They were getting married on March 16 so their anniversary would be 3/16 (for John 3:16).  They were having an outdoor ceremony because nature is God's cathedral.  Then in the dressing room she told me she was still "technically" married to her first husband.  I really wanted to tell her you know that's adultery right?

I had a bride named Preshuss.

I had a bride named G.W.  Her legal name was G.W.  It was after George Washington.

I had a bride who was probably 19 who swore up and down she was having three ceremonies (one local for her friends, one in her hometown, and one in her fiance's hometown).  She would come in every week and try on dresses for an hour, then the next week she would have a totally different theme in mind and try on more dresses, etc....never bought anything.

I had a bride who kept telling me she wanted a dress that looked like a bathing suit.  It took about an hour of her talking about her bathing suit dress to realize she meant a v-neck halter.

I have had brides yell at me because their dresses came in sooner than expected.

I had a bride get very violent on the phone and call me a b* because she had two different dates on her registration and I asked if she was having two ceremonies.  (It is not unheard of to have two ceremonies...three, well...)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

momofamamasboy
by Andy on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Anytime!

Quoting Anonymous:

LMAO    that's my WTF moment for today, thanks!! =)   Poor kitty.

Quoting momofamamasboy:

I worked for a major cell phone carrier for years. We always got some crazy people! I got a customer who was convinced her ex cop husband had rigged her apartment with wires and bugs. She told me he bought her furniture and bugged the lamp shades, pillows, end tables ect. She was convinced he even bugged her cell phone.

Another customer told me she had to cancel one line. When I told her about the cancellation fee she said she shouldn't be charged the fee. I asked why and it was because her CAT went over the minutes and she had to shoot the cat. The "user" was dead :/

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:30 AM
I had people pee and poop in the fitting rooms. Two people had sex and were mad they were interrupted. Hello if your going to do it how about being discreet not so loud we can hear you throughout the store
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:31 AM

When I worked back in the deli a guy was clipping his nails right in front of the hotcase.

Another guy liked to hang around the associate smoking area and take cigarette butts. That guy was creepy. I was on break one night, I was the only one out there smoking and he was there and he kept talking about what he wanted in a girl and saying he found this girl but she's 16 and he thinks that may be a bit too young for him (hes like 40) I haven't seen him around there lately, management kept shooing him away so maybe he finally got the hint.

Aydans_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Give me time. I just started in retail.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Megara
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:33 AM

I had a bride pee in the dressing room once. All over the dress she was trying on.  She came out and told me and said sorry, I just couldn't hold it, and left.

AF2011
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Once I was checking a lady out. She was already kind of moody. She had a rain check. I accepted the rain check of course. Well she thought I would give her a discount because she had to come to the store again. I explained to her that that's what the rain check was for. She FLIPPED! She was saying I was over charging her, that I was a dumb bitch, that I was a stupid ass, and she was going to call the cops because I was stealing from her. I just said I couldn't put up with this and walked away and got my manger to finish the order. She FLIPPED on my manger. My manger said well you can get out of my store and not come back. I will not be servicing you. Bitch made me cry because I already had an emotional week and that was just the cherry on top.

AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:34 AM

I had a guy argue with me over 30 cents one time.  His total was $2.55. He handed me $5.25. So his change was $2.70.  He kept saying I owed him a whole $3.00.  I kept showing him the receipt but he wouldn't listen.  I finally just turned away and took care of the next customer.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:36 AM

All of your stories were crazy, but this one is CRAZY.

Quoting Megara:

I had a bride pee in the dressing room once. All over the dress she was trying on.  She came out and told me and said sorry, I just couldn't hold it, and left.

MommaGreenhalge
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:37 AM
I have had several instances where I didn't recognize artists whose music we carried. We used to get a ton of crazy homeless people when I worked in Nashville.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN