Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do any of the anons

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Ever change their font for anon posts if they have a special one? I'm speaking color, shape, slant,etc. I feel as though more than once a font gave away a member though they were anon, because the font is unique to them.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:04 AM

I don't. I don't have a special font though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:07 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL.  I change my font every single time I post.  That's why I think it's funny when people think they "figure out" who you are.  And btw, I have never posted using my screen name.  Ever.  So you can think you know who I am all day long but the fact of the matter is, you've never heard of me. 

And did I mention that sometimes I use the fonts of popular people in here who do have distinctive fonts?  Why you ask?  Because I would prefer if everyone posted anon and if you aren't going to get with the program, then get ready to be blamed for my words.  

autodidact
by Snarknado on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:29 PM

no font used here is unique to any user. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:31 PM

I change my font sometimes but not all the time. I even changed it to post this!

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Unless they changed their font to a specific color and style to throw everyone off, lol

Betty Boop Lets go to the disco.    Betty Jean Newell Smith

carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I change mine to the default style but there is an anon here who has my font and it's not me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:34 PM
I never change fonts, anon or not. It is standard font.
BluePandaDreams
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:36 PM
I don't change my font. I don't care if I get outed for a snarky anon comment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:36 PM

If you made a post using someone unique font they could easily prove it wasn't them by replying, since you can't reply to your anon post under your name.

Likewise with a reply, CM does not let you quote your own anon reply being anon. So if the reply was not yours, you could quote under your real SN.

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL.  I change my font every single time I post.  That's why I think it's funny when people think they "figure out" who you are.  And btw, I have never posted using my screen name.  Ever.  So you can think you know who I am all day long but the fact of the matter is, you've never heard of me. 

And did I mention that sometimes I use the fonts of popular people in here who do have distinctive fonts?  Why you ask?  Because I would prefer if everyone posted anon and if you aren't going to get with the program, then get ready to be blamed for my words.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:10 PM

I don't start posts.  I only comment so no one needs to worry that I'm pretending to be them and starting threads.  

And unless you sit here all day long reading every single reply on every single page, you don't know who is using what font and who may or may not be impersonating you at any given time or who is just using another font.

Many times if everyone is just using basic default font, I will just use that and blend it.  Not that any of it matters because like I previously said, I have never posted using my screen name in.  No one would recognize me anyway.

I love the anon feature.  I can say what I really think, feel, and believe about topics without the backlash of the crazies. 

Quoting Anonymous:

If you made a post using someone unique font they could easily prove it wasn't them by replying, since you can't reply to your anon post under your name.

Likewise with a reply, CM does not let you quote your own anon reply being anon. So if the reply was not yours, you could quote under your real SN.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN